1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Slingbox Question.....

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by echo6280, Jun 23, 2010.

1. echo6280

echo6280 New Member

I hope this is the right place to post this question. I didn't see any posts anywhere else. I downloaded the slingbox app. It looks fantastic and works perfect except for one thing. When I tap once on the screen it pulls up the box to directly input the channel you want to go to. My problem is it doesn't put in the numbers correctly. I have Dish Network and Slingbox works great on my computer. If I enter a channel # on my Droid with 4 digits such as 6024 (XM Lithium channel) it does it correctly. However if I try to put in channel 300 (HBO) it tries to add a 0 to the end of it and it goes to channel 0. If I enter channel 7, it goes correctly to channel 7. If I enter channel 42 (FOX) it goes to channel 2. Anyway...I've tried to enter 0s before and after the channel and it still doesn't work. For some reason it gives you and option of inputting 5 numbers. There is no such thing with Dish Network. I can scroll through the guide to get to the channel I need, but with $150.00 worth fo channels it can take a while. Is there a setting I'm missing? Let it be said that I love the Slingbox app regardless. I would just like it to work the way it should. Thanks for any help.
  2. MarkO

MarkO New Member

Maybe you have the wrong remote setup? Also, might want to check your infrared adapter and make sure it is pointed properly at your receiver. I only mention this because I have not had any issues changing channels.
  3. echo6280

echo6280 New Member

I appreciate the quick reply. I don't think that's the problem. Like I said, my Slingbox works great from my computer...just like it should. I've had the Slingbox Pro for about 4 years now, so I'm pretty experienced with troubleshooting with it. But your right, that does seem like that would be the problem. Hmmmmmm...I can't figure it out.
  4. echo6280

echo6280 New Member

To add to the mystery...I found the settings option (the screen before it connects) and I put in a channel # for it do default to when connected. I put in channel 144 (ESPN2). When I connected the Slingbox it worked! It actually was on channel 144. However, when I tried to go to channel 300, it did the same incorrect thing it was doing before. If I type in just 7, I can see the guide typing in 0,0,0,7. For some reason it wants 4 numbers. By the way, I checked my Slingbox from my work computer and it's working just as it should. I'm definitely missing a setting on my phone somewhere. Maybe I have something loaded on my phone that's screwing it up. I run stock 2.1 with a Motorola Droid.
  5. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

I would think if you wanted a channel like 300, you would enter 0300..

Edit: Didnt see ya say the 4 or 5 # part... so ignore this lol
  6. MarkO

MarkO New Member

I just tried 300 and mine worked fine (well except I don't sub to HBO). I have Dish and the 622 receiver and I havven't had any of the problems you state. I'm running 2.2 Froyo (the first one that became available).
  7. echo6280

echo6280 New Member

I've tried all of the 0 combinations, before and after the channel I'm trying to get to. If I type in 300 it goes to channel 0. I believe it's imputing
    3,0,0,0. I don't get it. But like I said, I still love the app. I guess I'll deal with the hiccup if I have to.
  8. MarkO

MarkO New Member

Maybe try a delete application and a reinstall.

It is an awesome app. I'm using it now in my backyard.
  9. echo6280

echo6280 New Member

Update...if I type in 7 it enters 0,0,0,7 and it goes to channel 7 correctly.
  10. echo6280

echo6280 New Member

I've never deleted and re-installed an app. Is it as basic as it sounds to do? I just don't want to lose my thirty dollar app. I would imagine I just uninstall it and then go to the app store and it will know that I've already purchased it? Please forgive my ignorance.
  11. DavePDX

DavePDX New Member

I uninstalled the Slingbox app from my Droid yesterday and reinstalled it without a problem. After I uninstalled it the Slingbox app showed up in the Market app as an already purchased app. It installed just like other purchased apps installed (following an uninstall).
  12. droidreajoh

droidreajoh New Member

ok droid slingers, how big is the displayed slingbox image on your droid?
  13. echo6280

echo6280 New Member

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll uninstall it and give it another shot.
  14. echo6280

echo6280 New Member

I knew I shouldn't have done it. I uninstalled it and went back to the marketplace and the app said "purchased" next to it like it should have. But when I try to install it again it starts the download for about 2 seconds and then says "download unsuccessful". ****! (curse word)
  15. gatewayad

gatewayad New Member

I think theres a market problem right now, lots of people getting unsuccessful downloads, just hang tight a while
  16. echo6280

echo6280 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I hope you're right.
  17. echo6280

echo6280 New Member

OK...I re-installed it successfully. PHEW! But it still doesn't change the channels correctly. I guess I'll have to live with the glitch. Too bad because everything else with the Slingbox app is fantastic.
  18. DavePDX

DavePDX New Member

I own a Slingplayer Pro-HD and when I am viewing a HD program, the Droid screen is filled to the edges horizontally but there is a very narrow black band at the bottom of the screen. If I had to guess I'd say the band was 5-6 pixels high. Of course the HD program is down-rezzed. I noticed a slight amount of distortion on one show earlier today as the screen used should have been 480 lines vertical x 720 horizontal (but it seems to be stretched to full screen, 854 lines max). I haven't played with the aspect control much though. None of the aspect options gave me a "slight" pillarbox that I would have expected for 480x720 resolution - they were full width, 854 pixels wide. Some of the aspect options pillarbox severely and distort significantly (very narrow display). Overall I am pleased with the display at this point.
  19. y0manda

y0manda New Member

you guys watching tv on your phones?
  20. br91655

br91655 New Member

Anybody running froyo w/slingplayer on their droid successfully? Slingplayer was having all sorts of streaming problems for me until I flashed back to 2.1 which cleared the issues up. I was just wondering if it was froyo or maybe something else I was running in that configuration...
Search tags for this page
fixing channel changing problem with slingbox on android pho
how to change channels on the slingbox but not the dish netw
my dish anywhere android app does not work on droid bionic a
my droid wont work with my slingbox anymore

remove slingbox from droid

slingbox channel 3 digits
slingbox that works with droid razor m
slinplayer on s3 having issiue