Skype for Android Hits The Market For All Phones Running 2.1+. No 3G/4G calling in US

Horch it

Reaction score
Correct -- but if you're on Verizon you're better off using the Skype Mobile app for Verizon phones as the sound quality is much better.

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhh! Thank you!

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I can't log in now... all the recent comments say the same. This sucks that it can't be used on 3G. Wifi calls to US Numbers and to other Skype Users has been perfect! Pathetic no one can log in now.

Bailers

Reaction score
So dumb question, but if I got a skype number then put that number in my google voice calling tree, I should be able to get calls at home on my skype number. Thus no more needed for a land line, right? Our am I missing something?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
What a fail app... 2.5 stars and no one can log in. I mean, for a company as big as Skype with 22 million people logged in at once... what is going on? I use Skype all the time and was pretty happy when I saw this app come out, now no one can log in at all.

@ Bailers - Correct, that is theoretically possible assuming your computer is on all the time with Skype. Since I use Skype all the time to call out and I have a Skype in number, this app was pretty big for me. I too use Google Voice and will be using it the same way you plan to.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
OK they fixed the login. I've waited for an app like this for over a year - almost got an ipod touch because I wanted to use Skype on a mobile device (within my home). They finally fixed the login issue, but not before the app had 2.5 star rating and about 100+ 1 star reviews. I'm on a skype to skype call and the quality is A+ and I'm loving it being mobile (within my house = wifi).

It still has some bugs - if you turn off the screen in a call, no one can hear you. Which means even more of a battery drain if you aren't plugged in.

If you go to the home screen while on a call you can raise the in call volume to increase the skype call volume (which by default is super low even at 100%).

After being on a call for an hour I lost wifi connection (the droid's wifi connection ain't that great to begin with I guess). But on the call again and doing well. (Skype is what I use to talk with GF all the time).

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Ok.....I can make Skype (no Verizon minute charges) to anywhere in the US to any phone without deducting from your phones minutes...

Is that right?

God I'm a Nube sometimes.

Ron W

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Ok.....I can make Skype (no Verizon minute charges) to anywhere in the US to any phone without deducting from your phones minutes...

Is that right?

God I'm a Nube sometimes.

Ron W

Cool, Got to make a few Skype calls on WiFi, just logged into my Skype account and synced my contact list and away I went.

Calls sounded great but the volume was down even though I set it for 100% hopefully that will get resolved.

A nice alternative to using up Verizon minutes, just need a WiFi connection.

Ron W.