Skype coming to Verizon Wireless on the Droid

jlghertner

Reaction score
skype is hot stuff. I talk with my children all over the world with it for free. Even if it only works in the US, you can still call someone in the rest of the world over skype. that is half my battle.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
skype is hot stuff. I talk with my children all over the world with it for free. Even if it only works in the US, you can still call someone in the rest of the world over skype. that is half my battle.

OMG you have children scattered all over the world!? You must be a busy parent! ;)

AliceInWonderland

Reaction score
wow.. i was just thinking about skype for droid last night before i went to bed.. and today i read this. greatttttttt what cant it do!

Sailingmaster

Reaction score
What I think is interesting is that two weeks before the Skype announcement, VZW made the data only plans inactive...

tommyz

Reaction score
What I think is interesting is that two weeks before the Skype announcement, VZW made the data only plans inactive...

I have never heard of Data only plans. I thought you always had to have some sort of voice plan.

cariepigeon

Reaction score
Skype instant messaging?

If I use Skype chatting (IM), will i get charged for text messages with verizon??

rdhill

Reaction score
Skype is a very reasonable app., if you enjoy staying in touch with your family via video calls, skype computer to computer video calls are free, plus you can get a service plan for $29. and call all phones from your computer !!!

rdhill

Reaction score
p.s. the $29 service plan is for one year not monthly, but now that Verizon is getting their hands into it, it will probably skyrocket !!!!!

NVash

Reaction score
Why is access to a broadband connection for PC required? It says that on the bottom of the article, small print it seems.

'Access to a broadband Internet connection for the PC is required. Skype, associated trademarks and logos and the "S" symbol are trademarks of Skype Limited.'

Project37

Reaction score
Why is access to a broadband connection for PC required? It says that on the bottom of the article, small print it seems.

'Access to a broadband Internet connection for the PC is required. Skype, associated trademarks and logos and the "S" symbol are trademarks of Skype Limited.'

I think that's simply referring to Skype users that want to use a PC to make their calls, and doesn't affect Droid-based users.