Skyfire 2.0 released

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone else read the terms of service, at least the beginning?? Spy on us browsing?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone else read the terms of service, at least the beginning?? Spy on us browsing?
You already said that...

I'm pretty sure that the videos somehow go through their server so we aren't technically watching flash. Therefore they would have access to all videos that you watch. I don't care, I'm only using it until Google/Adobe release the real deal.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You already said that...

I'm pretty sure that the videos somehow go through their server so we aren't technically watching flash. Therefore they would have access to all videos that you watch. I don't care, I'm only using it until Google/Adobe release the real deal.

Yea I know I said it but it was in a few sentences, and sometimes people dont care to read haha. It bluntly says something to the point of we will likely monitor your browsing, which is different than more passive ways of saying the same thing... just scared me a bit.

91jolson

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Hulu won't work on mobile devices because they don't make ad revenue or something. Wouldn't it be possible to spoof the website into thinking you were using a desktop broswer?

toastedoats

Reaction score
Multitouch sucks (slow, sluggish, takes too long to render), flash is not that important to me, seems slower than native browser. For how little i use the phone browser this is not for me.

Uninstalled.

SG181

Reaction score
So far, I've been very impressed with Skyfire 2.0. I haven't been able to use it enough to see if it's faster than the stock browser for mobile/non-intensive sites, but the Flash capability is impressive. I've been able to watch Vevo, South Park, and the Daily Show all with better-than-expected quality. Doesn't seem to use much resources either (since the video is processed server-side), and I managed to watch the Daily Show while keeping the CPU temperature at 105F.

Lady Droid

Reaction score
Did anyone get sites like Gametrailers to work? I thought someone said they did but it just shows that "You need Adobe Flash Player" message and the bar below with the video icon is greyed out.

Lady Droid

Reaction score
IGN.com videos play and look pretty good. Just watched the Chobot doing the Fix :D

(yes I know those are also up on Youtube but it's nice we can play all the other IGN videos too)

D

davidjmorin

Multitouch sucks (slow, sluggish, takes too long to render), flash is not that important to me, seems slower than native browser. For how little i use the phone browser this is not for me.

Uninstalled.

Man u have got to be the only one haha. Works great for me
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

D

davidjmorin

Did anyone get sites like Gametrailers to work? I thought someone said they did but it just shows that "You need Adobe Flash Player" message and the bar below with the video icon is greyed out.

Try reloading the page
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

datboijon

Reaction score
so far i have had 1 out of about 8 videos work the rest all get to 25% and error out. cant get espn video's to work tried ign and it gave me the message saying i need to have flash

V

verian

Works great for me. I think some of the post speaking of force closing may have to do with personal kernel selection or even the rom their using. Maybe switching things up would help if you really want it to work. I'm impressed with how it's running with my set up.