Skyfire 2.0 released

dogthehunter

Reaction score
Looks good

Just downloaded Skyfire, looks good and seems to work good also. I think I'll try this for a while. Dog:rockon:

lvsingleguy41

Reaction score
Skyfire is very nice!

I've used it all weekend and it seems to work very good and is a great replacement for the stock browser. Keep up the good work Dev!

???

Reaction score
skyfire and casttv are a win..

watching robot chicken on my phone right now.. love it.

Reaction score
Is anybody having this problem:

Switch to another app while watching a video. When you try to switch back to the video, it goes back to the browser where you have to restart the video from the beginning. I can't switch back to the video where I left off.

mikehal38

Reaction score
Is anybody having this problem:

Switch to another app while watching a video. When you try to switch back to the video, it goes back to the browser where you have to restart the video from the beginning. I can't switch back to the video where I left off.

I haven't tried do that so I can't answer your question. I have been getting a lot of crashes lately though so I'm going to go back to stock for a while until they get this one more polished.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I have a stock MotoDroid, and Skyfire has been pretty crashy for me so far. I've found it seems to help a bit if I go into the settings every few minutes to manually clear the cache.

Another thing I've noticed about it it is that the window management still seems clunky. When I click a link, it opens a new window for it, rather than simply going there in the original window. Even hitting the back key leaves the new window open in the background, rather than closing it. Then, inevitably, I get the message that I have too many windows open and need to close some before any new links can be opened. I wonder if this may be linked to the cache/crash issues.

Riley

Reaction score
I have been testing it out a couple days. So far so good. It's weird i have been using xScope for a month or two and for some reason today Skyfire loads pages way faster on 3G than xScope. I'm still getting used to it, but like it so far. :)

mrdroid

Reaction score
Awesome, all flash content so far has worked. Too bad the flash ads now work too...
Plus.. long press on the back button to exit!!!!!!!

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I tried it...had the window issue; video play erratic, and some other weird stuff. Maybe it depends on what other apps you have...uninstalled for now. I'll see what happens when it's out of beta.

D

davidjmorin

I've used it all weekend and it seems to work very good and is a great replacement for the stock browser. Keep up the good work Dev!

whatever you do dont delete the stock. you will not be happy dancedroid

darreno1

Reaction score
Y
I have been testing it out a couple days. So far so good. It's weird i have been using xScope for a month or two and for some reason today Skyfire loads pages way faster on 3G than xScope. I'm still getting used to it, but like it so far. :)

I have noticed it as well, so far, aside from Opera, this has been the fastest browser I've used. It's probably going to my default for a while to come.

WVOz1970

Reaction score
Coming over from a WinMo Omnia to the Droid about a month ago. I was on the beta team for SkyFire when they first released to WinMo, and went through a lot of similar pains that seem to be here. So, hang in there, the last version I was using had come a long way in a short time.

The only reason I used Skyfire was to play flash content when needed. It is a nice program, but the stock browser (Opera) was better as a whole. I loved streaming Hulu until they locked out Skyfire. Something to do with ad content (and Hulu not being able to get the money), IIRC.

That being said, I've downloaded the beta for my Droid. I may have to check out CastTV that was recommended earlier. Would be nice to be able to watch TV shows again while I'm on the treadmill at the gym.