Size matters

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Did anyone come from a flip or similar device and initially thought their Droid x or x2 was HUGE?
Now it seems just right. Couldn't imagine it being more perfectly sized.
I wonder with the Bionic if it will again be just a matter of adjustment OR is there ever a tipping point that it j u s t got a little too big.
Dunno. Time will tell.

grgguy

Reaction score
Thats what my wife said ...That its perfectly sized , she wouldnt want it any bigger !

Nick D

Reaction score
My wife went from the GZone to the Thunderbolt & couldn't believe the size difference.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

grgguy

Reaction score
I'm thinking these jokes went over somebody's head . hahahahahahaaa

alboboy10

Reaction score
Played with my friends iphone and went back to my thunderbolt I felt as though I went from browsing the internet on a 32 inch tv to a projector in the movie theaters

nateohio

Reaction score
Honestly the X series felt huge to me at first. Now I'm thinking a 4.5 or 5 in screen would be awesome!

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I suppose it is a matter of breaking old habits. I had grown accustomed to holding the phone in my right hand and reaching/manipulating buttons with my thumb. At some point this is going to be difficult if not impossible which obviously then requires a two handed approach (more like a mini-tablet).
Our "phones" are really more our mini-PC's anyway which BTW once accepted as reality will make the inevitable "bugs" more acceptable as well.

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
I actually wish the X2 was a little bigger! It looks & feels tiny in my big ol' meat paws! I dont know how i ever managed with a D1.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, I apologize for the inappropriate thread title. I was actually sitting reading the newspaper and had read a Car Dealers ad with the same title.
No excuse for bad manners, If a Mod can change the title i'd appreciate it.
Frankly, never occurred to me the probable age bracket this forum probably spans.

As far as design size goes, I once said when someone commented on how HUGE my X was. I said, " No, not really a HUGE phone. Actually a pretty small computer".
I just hate potential drops that come with the additional width. But hey, time and design marches on.
It's all good.