Droid Bionic or HTC Rezound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfire45

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new phone, I'm switching over to verizon from at&t, so I can get the bionic for $30, and the Rezound for$80 on amazon. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on which phone is better and more reliable. They both have very similar specs, similar in size, the only difference I see is that the rezound has a faster processor (1.5 GHz instead of 1). I have also heard that the bionic has some reliability issues, but I'm wondering if the rezound is really worth the extra $50. any thoughts?

gmorgan056

Reaction score
So I Had the Bionic since it was released. Went through 4 of them thank to the data issues. Constantly dropping. Updates didn't help solve the issue. So VZW gave me a rezound. I am loving it. No data issues, and the HD screen is amazing. From my experience, the Rezound is a better phone. But I suggest going to a VZW store and playing with both because it really comes down to personal preference.

xiogua

Reaction score
I say Rezound strictly because it's not Motorola.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

KOBALT

Reaction score
So I Had the Bionic since it was released. Went through 4 of them thank to the data issues. Constantly dropping. Updates didn't help solve the issue. So VZW gave me a rezound. I am loving it. No data issues, and the HD screen is amazing. From my experience, the Rezound is a better phone. But I suggest going to a VZW store and playing with both because it really comes down to personal preference.

Same here^

Rezound FTW.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

B

bens42608

My bionic killed the rezound I compared it to. No reliability issues with 901 update and the big 2760 extended battery makes it a beast while still looking/feeling good and not like a pregnant cow unlike another phone I've seen ;wink

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a rezound and its worth it. I recommend you get the extended battery.

brewtus22

Reaction score
I have the Bionic and I love it. The webtop dock gives you more flexibility to use it to go to sites that only a computer can go to. Get the 5.9.901 update and you will love the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mike8016

Reaction score
The bionic is a good phone. I love it. But if money isn't a issue go with the Razr maxx

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I love my bionic, even with the data issues im the beginning. The screen is really nice if you live somewhere sunny too. Only thing that kind of sucks about the bionic is that the boot loader is locked but it really isn't a huge deal. Also the bionic is getting ICS soon. Not sure about the rezound

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mamawm

Reaction score
i have the bionic and i love it. i personally don't like sense ui. best advice is to give both of them a tryout and see which one screams "i'm the one for you."

Reaction score
The razr is the best. The tested benchmark tested both devices the razr won hands down.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new phone, I'm switching over to verizon from at&t, so I can get the bionic for $30, and the Rezound for$80 on amazon. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on which phone is better and more reliable. They both have very similar specs, similar in size, the only difference I see is that the rezound has a faster processor (1.5 GHz instead of 1). I have also heard that the bionic has some reliability issues, but I'm wondering if the rezound is really worth the extra $50. any thoughts?
I cant think of a single thing the Bionic does that the Rezound does not do better. Sometimes significantly better. That is not to say that the Bionic sucks. Just that the Rezound is THAT good.

Is the Rezound worth another $50? Hell yes. Especially if you are not going to be upgrading again for a while. The free earbuds alone are worth more than $50 on eBay.

(btw...ghz is not the best measure to go by when determining speed...a lower ghz phone can still be faster)

Status
Not open for further replies.