Simple questions for a new rooter/rommer

kichard

Reaction score
Hello all. A handful of super simple questions I'd really appreciate answers to. Just rooted my Inc for the first time.last night using unrevoked 3. All went well. I'm interested in using cyanogen 7. First off. How do I create a back up so I can go back to stock if something goes wrong, I decide to change back or just decide against using the rom?? Lastly does anyone know if the stable rom of 7 indlide the gapps file?? Also any feedback on what they think of the rom itself would be great :) thanks a lot everyone!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

zthralls

Reaction score
I have a rooted Dinc as well.
Too create backup of the stock ROM you must perform a nandroid backup.
Here's how:
1. Turn off Phone
2. Hold down the Power Button and Volumn down Button Simultaneously.
3. When the menu appears use the vol buttons to navigate to "Recovery"
4. Press the power button to select "Recovery."
(You should now be in clockworkmod Recovery. Black screen with either green or orange text.)
5.navigate to "backup and restore" using vol buttons. Then press the trackpad button to select.
6. In the next menu select "Backup" (this may take awhile)
7. When you receive the message Backup complete you are finished. Press the power button to go back through the menus and when your back to the main menu select "reboot system now".

your backup is now made and can be found on your SD card under clockwork mod/backups. (Don't rename these files!)

FYI this is a great website for rooting information for your incredible.
Updated: Root the HTC Droid Incredible - Technology - Jonamerica.com
I'm currently rocking CyanogenMOD 7 ROM. IMO the best non-Sense Rom. You should also try out MIUI, Myns Warm 2.2, Sky Raider Roms
Enjoy!

Last edited:

ChelseaBlue

Reaction score
Here's how:
1. Turn off Phone
(You should now be in clockworkmod Recovery. Black screen with either green or orange text.)
5.navigate to "backup and restore" using vol buttons. Then press the trackpad button to select.
6. In the next menu select "Restore" (this may take awhile)
7. When you receive the message Backup complete you are finished. Press the power button to go back through the menus and when your back to the main menu select "reboot system now".

you backup is now made and can be found on your SD card under clockwork mod/backups. (Don't rename these files!)

I'm currently rocking CyanogenMOD 7 ROM. IMO the best non-Sense Rom. You should also try out MIUI, Myns Warm 2.2, Sky Raider Roms
Enjoy!

I think you mean to select "Backup" and not "Restore"...

zthralls

Reaction score
Here's how:
1. Turn off Phone
6. In the next menu select "Restore" (this may take awhile)

you backup is now made and can be found on your SD card under clockwork mod/backups. (Don't rename these files!)

Enjoy!

I think you mean to select "Backup" and not "Restore"...

Thanks for pointing that out. The error has been fixed

OP
K

kichard

Reaction score
:) thank you kind folks!! Anyone using cyanogen 7?? And if I go back to stock I just open my clockwork zip correct??

OP
K

kichard

Reaction score
And also does anyone know if cm7 stable cones with the gapps installed???

smtom

Reaction score
You'd restore the backup. Think of it like an image of a PC.
The backup can be renamed, no spaces or special characters. Something like stock_rooted that you can remember.

zthralls

Reaction score
:) thank you kind folks!! Anyone using cyanogen 7?? And if I go back to stock I just open my clockwork zip correct??

Yes its awesome... I've been using it since the first release client. Now im using the stable version.

Im not sure what your asking. If your asking how to go back to the stock ROM all you do is get into clockworkmod recovery and follow the steps listed above but instead of selecting "Backup" select "Restore". It will then list your backups choose the stock backup (should be the first one you did, files are titled by date).

Remember your still rooted even though you have the stock ROM. To Unroot go here: Unroot Doid Incredible. | doug piston

Hope that answers your question

zthralls

Reaction score
And also does anyone know if cm7 stable cones with the gapps installed???

Nope, gotta flash Gapps separately unless your just updating from a previous version of cyanogen7.(i.e. CM7RC1,2,3,4 or CM7nightlies)

OP
K

kichard

Reaction score
It does!!! Does the stable version also include Google apps and the market?? That's my final question.!!!

OP
K

kichard

Reaction score
Anyone know a link for gaaps for the incredible on the stable cm7? Sorry I'm so needy I just wanna do this right on the first shot..