Signal Issues

Mattpfeil

Reaction score
Since yesterday I have had trouble connecting to the Verizon network on my Droid at all. About an hour ago I regained 3g service but I still have no voice service to speak of. I have never had a problem with signal where I work or where I live before now. I have taken my phone to a Verizon store and had them reactivate it, I have reactivated it, I have done a factory reset, I have flashed the phone back to factory stock 2.0.1. I also called *228 and selected option 2 to update my roaming capabilities. None of that seems to make it any better. Any solutions or suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. It sounds to me like this is a tower issue. I had pretty much the same thing happen to me.

Call Verizon customer service and tell them about your signal loss. They will do a ticket for you and send someone out to check out the towers. It will take about 4 business days for them to fix it.

OP
Mattpfeil

Mattpfeil

Reaction score
Would it affect only me? My wife has signal and all the people I work with are fine.

Smitty

Reaction score
Wish I had an answer to help out with. I too experience this same problem occasionally. Seems like when I want to use the internet, all of a sudden I lose the 3G but still have full bars! I have tried powering off, battery pulls, removing all Apps, but it doesn't seem to help. After I power the phone back on I have 3G until I access the internet, then my 3G drops again. My wife with the same phone as mine doesn't experience this problem at all. Also, if it makes any difference we are Altell customers on a Verizon network. Someone posted somewhere here that Altell customers don't get to use Verizon towers, but I don't know that for a fact.