should I upgrade to ics

cdm369

Reaction score
I flashed the .10 and the .12 ruu. When I flashed the .12 I flashed it different than any other one I have done.

*wiped cache
*factory reset
*go in uncheck fastboot
*flash the ruu twice (remember after the first flash to uncheck fastboot again).
*factory reset

*** some may think its over kill but it seems to be the cleanest flash I've ever done. I will do all of mine this way from now on. Very happy with .12

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
anyone got the final RuU from a better download site? rapidshare and them on anroid police are taking way long.

hollyk83

Reaction score
Lol... I think you missed the sarcasm of HowardZ's last post.

ICS is good, not perfect, and you might have problems so be prepared to factory reset... The best way to upgrade is download the RUU and flash it in hboot, it is SUPER EASY, it will wipe your phone (do a factory default) as part of the process, but I don't think I have seen ANYONE who was bone-stock post that this failed for them or they had the same problems as the OTA update. Then you don't even have to root to debloat, that function is built directly into ICS!

LOL Ace and Howard you guys are funny. Ace- I did the factory reset...with only one change. I can see that I have 6 different skins to pick from none of which I use LOL I still don't get notifications and have to restart my phone when a msg won't send. But i suppose eventually some of the glitches will work themselves out...so i hope :)