Should I upgrade or wait....

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Ces is right around the corner, just wait.

I just hope the next round of phones are still rootable, unlike the rezound..

If you cant wait i see tbolts for sale for$200 all the time, let that hold you over.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ces is right around the corner, just wait.

I just hope the next round of phones are still rootable, unlike the rezound..

If you cant wait i see tbolts for sale for$200 all the time, let that hold you over.

Hi, so if I buy a Thunderbolt " never bought a used phone before", once I receive it all I do is call Verizon and have it activated, do I have to go to Verizon to get a 4G sim card, I still get to keep my current plan, I have the unlimited data plan. How is the Thunderbolt, from most of the forum posts I see lots of complaints.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just saw a New in Box Rezound for $519 on eBay, my question is, buying the phone outright will not effect my current plan, so if I decide to get the Edge in the future I can always sell the Rezound and still keep my unlimited data plan.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Iyeah, youd just have to buy a sim and activate it, leaving your next upgrade in tact.

I recommended the tbolt due to price, once rooted and rommed the tbolt is a good phone, if on lte though batt life kinda sucks...but so does every lte phone.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Iyeah, youd just have to buy a sim and activate it, leaving your next upgrade in tact.

I recommended the tbolt due to price, once rooted and rommed the tbolt is a good phone, if on lte though batt life kinda sucks...but so does every lte phone.

Now when you say buy a sim and activate it, the sim does not come with the phone if it is brand new in a box, and if I do have to buy one what do they cost. I will be keeping my number, correct. From the looks of things, it seems better to buy the phone outright and not be stuck with a two year commitment again. Now how does insuring the phone work.

t35rk

Reaction score
Just saw a New in Box Rezound for $519 on eBay, my question is, buying the phone outright will not effect my current plan, so if I decide to get the Edge in the future I can always sell the Rezound and still keep my unlimited data plan.

If you're set on the Rezound, I'd go to Costco. $199 on contract with a 90 day return.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
If your phone still works fine and nothing really catches your eye that is out at the moment why not wait.
This.

I have a total boner for the Rezound. I was upgrading from a Droid 1 and saw the Rezound and loved it and took the dive. But if you are still happy with your current phone, it is best to wait. I would not upgrade unless you have a boner for the new phone as well.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The thing is, I don't want to be stuck again with a two year contract, I'll just pay month to month if I buy the phone outright, yes I saw the Amazon deal, and Costco deal. Just found a new one with with two extended batteries with extended battery covers, everything still in box and phone like new condition for $470 with shipping, now I would be paying $300 more now, but one year from now can sell it and buy a new phone, and not be stuck with it for two years.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded and registered the Kindle app. It appears to be grey themed, not black. Why not switch your launcher back to Sense and compare? On my SLCD Inc, the background is as black as black can be.

Because I'm content with my Rezound and it sounds like this is just turning into a urinating contest, which I will not get into

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Amazon has them for $150 right now as of this writing. - http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Rezound-Android-Verizon-Wireless/dp/B0061R3DVO -

Newegg is back up to $250...they had them for $150 briefly as well.

BTW - I think they grandfather you in on the unlimited data plans. They did with me and I bought from Amazon a few weeks ago.

Amazon asked me if I wanted to keep my current data plan but at the time was only $20 cheaper than a Verizon store and I talked the sales lady into throwing in an extended battery for free by telling her Amazon was cheaper

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

t35rk

Reaction score
The thing is, I don't want to be stuck again with a two year contract, I'll just pay month to month if I buy the phone outright, yes I saw the Amazon deal, and Costco deal. Just found a new one with with two extended batteries with extended battery covers, everything still in box and phone like new condition for $470 with shipping, now I would be paying $300 more now, but one year from now can sell it and buy a new phone, and not be stuck with it for two years.

How much do you figure you could sell this used Rezound.with no warranty for in a year? The TBolt isn't that old and it's only getting about $200.

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Wow, you can get a Thunderbolt for $200?? Nice.

The Droid 1 was going for $400+ (bare minimum) a year after I had it. I thought all phones were like that.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
How much do you figure you could sell this used Rezound.with no warranty for in a year? The TBolt isn't that old and it's only getting about $200.

I would say $200 easy.