After ICS upgrade to my HTC Rezound, my SD card lost all data. What's going on???????

fritomist

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this and is there any way to recover? Yesterday my HTC Rezound had the OTA ICS upgrade and I had backed all my data, pictures and music up both online and on my SD card using My backup Pro AND Lookout.com separately, then last night the ICS upgrade happened, then today my SD card was empty, and my backup was also gone, and my online backup on Lookout.com where I had all my pictures backed up was now says there are no backups (maybe because the other phone isn't active it doesn't recognize them anymore?), but the main question is, why is my SD card suddenly devoid of all of my data??????????????

I haven't added anything to it today. Is there ANYWAY to get it back? I have tried looking for partitions that might be hiding data somewhere on it, plugged it into my PC, used file managers, but can't find anything.

Anyone have any thoughts? I am really at a loss. I will be able to recompile data from other sources, but this shouldn't happen.

corki2

Reaction score
I just had the same issue. Found the answer on another forum. Look under storage and see if your storage card is mounted. Mine wasn't. I mounted it and all was well. May unmount after the next reboot from what I read.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

OP
F

fritomist

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually had to remove the card first in order to even get an option to mount or unmount, but once I did, I then mounted, unmounted, and mounted the card again, and like magic my pictures and music reappeared. My documents have all been moved been moved elsewhere and I've had to search for many things but they're at least here.

Thank you SO much!!!

I just had the same issue. Found the answer on another forum. Look under storage and see if your storage card is mounted. Mine wasn't. I mounted it and all was well. May unmount after the next reboot from what I read.

corki2

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually had to remove the card first in order to even get an option to mount or unmount, but once I did, I then mounted, unmounted, and mounted the card again, and like magic my pictures and music reappeared. My documents have all been moved been moved elsewhere and I've had to search for many things but they're at least here.

Thank you SO much!!!

Glad you found your stuff.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info Corki! My daughter accidentally updated and her photos disappeared. A complete and utter tragedy in any teenage girls life! :biggrin: I searched the new fangled interweb and was brought to this thread on good old df! Photos are back and I am the hero. At least until next time I have her take out the trash...:tongue:

HowardZ

Reaction score
I use titanium backup pro and backup to sdcard and also to dropbox.

I'd hate to lose my angry birds progress hihi

corki2

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Corki! My daughter accidentally updated and her photos disappeared. A complete and utter tragedy in any teenage girls life! :biggrin: I searched the new fangled interweb and was brought to this thread on good old df! Photos are back and I am the hero. At least until next time I have her take out the trash...:tongue:

Funny.... I'm glad you are a hero at least for a day! I have to re-mount my sd each time I rebooot. She probably will too. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2