Should I hold out for the RAZR or nexus?

kmusmc

Reaction score
I have been sporting this DROID x for a minute and I still love it, however the new update seems to slow down the operation, I want something similar and I am due for the upgrade. I looked at the nexus and it seems brilliant, but I also heard they are holding out on the hardware for another coming release...anyway I'm up for your opinions

harpua

Reaction score
1.2 .. 1.5 .. my o.g. droid has lived a lovely life and is still kicking. me however, i want a new phone, which i'm due for. i'm going nexus and when something better comes out in 6 weeks...oh well, but i waited for the bionic. it was delayed. im tired of waiting. i want the nexus now. well i can't have it now so im not going out to get a charge/thunderbolt/or bionic tomorrow, i'm just doing the pee dance til hopefully no later than nov10 then all will be well for me.

good luck on your decision

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Both phones look amazing! I'm leaning towards the Galaxy Nexus simply because it's coming with the latest OS. It's always fun to learn something completely new.

hookerdj

Reaction score
yeah I really want the droid razor but I think I'm gonna go with a galaxy nexus also
Another note why get a phone with buttons when they will be on screen in I've. I been messing with I've launcher and its weird having two sets of buttons in which they all work
Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

rybnik

Reaction score
I thought that was accounted for in ICS. It would be really stupid if the OS didn't recognize when it was running on a buttoned vs buttonless phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
At this point I am pretty much decided on the nexus. I always said to myself that VZW never would have one and if they ever did I would be all over it. Well now its time to man-up :)

As a standard precaution I do always wait a short period of time to read at least some reviews, I have a hard time locking myself into anything without knowing what I am getting into. But it will most likely be replacing my DX which has served me very well.

SANhacker

Reaction score
RAZR = No removable battery
Nexus = No removable SD Card

meh. Not interested in either of these options.

I'm also eligible for an upgrade but my OG Droid is still working strong with Liquid 3.0.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
True, no removable SD is an inconvenience and a pretty big downside.

kevinkar

Reaction score
Hold out as long as you can and wait for everyone to report their issues. THEN make an informed decision. Go to the store and hold them in your hand. Play with them and, keeping in mind any Droid X problems, see if they exist on those phones. Only after checking them in person and researching them should you make a decision.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
RAZR = No removable battery
Nexus = No removable SD Card

meh. Not interested in either of these options.

I'm also eligible for an upgrade but my OG Droid is still working strong with Liquid 3.0.

Both a pretty major problem for us rooters of you ask me. No battery pulls could be bad if they haven't made a good reset button built in. No sd would I assume wipe your phone completely and you couldn't have backups on the non existent sd.

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

marcp24

Reaction score
Im set on the nexus it just looks so clean and proper! Plus I figure if I dont like it I have 7 days to return it and maybe go razr or hold off for another. I really wish HTC would share some info on vigor/rezound! If that had ics id wait for it!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DaddyRabbit

Reaction score
I like them both TBH but the limitations seem too iPhonish to me. Why no removeable battery or SD card? Just doesn't make sense. I may wait for a few more months and see what follows.

If I do jump no removeable battery will kill the deal so it will be Nexus for me.