Should I do a Factory Reset?

jfinn0

Reaction score
Hi, I just got a Droid and being brand new to the droid/smart phone wasn't exactly sure what apps that I wanted and have been downloading quite a few and trying them out and have decided which ones I like and don't like and have uninstalled the ones I don't like. I was wondering now that I have an idea of what I want and don't want if it is worth doing a Factory Reset so that the phone is clean before I really start customizing it? Does it keep data of old apps that were installed? What would be your recommendations? Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just got a Droid and being brand new to the droid/smart phone wasn't exactly sure what apps that I wanted and have been downloading quite a few and trying them out and have decided which ones I like and don't like and have uninstalled the ones I don't like. I was wondering now that I have an idea of what I want and don't want if it is worth doing a Factory Reset so that the phone is clean before I really start customizing it? Does it keep data of old apps that were installed? What would be your recommendations? Thanks!

I recommend doing a Factory Data Reset only if your phone is giving you issues. Otherwise just delete the apps.

If you have installed a task killer or virus protection make sure you uninstall both will do more harm then good.

doublea500

Reaction score
doing factory resets does not reset the hardware. it just changes what you have done to your phone. i suggest to just get rid of the things you dont want and keep the things you do want. you can customize it whenever you want. trust me, it takes alot of work to get everything back after a factory reset, think of it, you gotta get all the apps back, make the settings the same as it was before, make the homescreens how you liked em, and all that stuff. and also you may lose something(probably not) like when i factory reset my phone i lost my text messages and i also lost my notes that i was saving to keep track of something important to me, luckily i sent an email to myself of that before it got deleted. im just saying, dont do a factory reset unless it is needed.

OP
J

jfinn0

Reaction score
I recommend doing a Factory Data Reset only if your phone is giving you issues. Otherwise just delete the apps.

If you have installed a task killer or virus protection make sure you uninstall both will do more harm then good.

Thanks so much!