Shortcut for Manage Apps?

lazykins

Reaction score
Hi - we exchanged in our new iPhone 5's for Razr Maxx last night and I couldn't be happier that I am back. My Motorola Electrify was my best buddy. We tried something new and it was not a good fit.

Anyway. On the Maxx, my dainty thumb can't quite carry out the steps I have to take to get to "Manage Apps." Can I set up a shortcut on my home screen to get directly to Manage Apps? Why? Because I am concerned with data usage at the moment and I like to watch real time what apps are doing.

Thanks!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!!

What I do is long press on the screen, select shortcut , select settings shortcut , and then navigate to apps. This is on a nexus but there should be a similar option on the MAXX.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

OP
L

lazykins

Reaction score
All I get when I do that is an option to change my wallpaper? I guess this has changed in ICS.

cleave

Reaction score
Go to "apps" select "widgets" at the to of the screen. Select "settings shortcut" then select "app"

This will put a shortcut to your apps where you can force close or clear cache.

Last edited:
OP
L

lazykins

Reaction score
Thank you very much - worked like a charm. I can't tell you how many times I looked at that Settings Shortcut and just assumed it would just take me to settings! So thanks - I knew the functionality had to be there, somewhere.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Go to "apps" select "widgets" at the to of the screen. Select "settings shortcut" then select "app"

This will put a shortcut to your apps where you can force close or clear cache.

Thank you for jumping in and helping out. I failed to remember that I am running a market launcher and you need to go into the drawer on stock launcher.

Sorry about that lazykins.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX