Shortcut won't work

dkelly701

Reaction score
I had the poor voice quality problem with my droid so I exchanged it today. I am reinstalling my apps. I installed Astro File Manager but when I try to create a shortcut on my desktop, when I choose Astro, instead of going back to my desktop and creating the shortcut, it opens Astro File Manager instead and never creates the shortcut. I uninstalled Astro and reinstalled it and still the same result. What am I doing wrong? From desktop, long press the desktop>shortcuts>Astro is my procedure. Is there a setting somewhere that is keep the shortcut from being made? I am able to make other shortcuts.

mjs31

Reaction score
If all else fails, you can just long press the astro file itself and put it on the desktop. Similar to a shortcut this way if you just want to open the app.

Reks

Reaction score
I had the poor voice quality problem with my droid so I exchanged it today. I am reinstalling my apps. I installed Astro File Manager but when I try to create a shortcut on my desktop, when I choose Astro, instead of going back to my desktop and creating the shortcut, it opens Astro File Manager instead and never creates the shortcut. I uninstalled Astro and reinstalled it and still the same result. What am I doing wrong? From desktop, long press the desktop>shortcuts>Astro is my procedure. Is there a setting somewhere that is keep the shortcut from being made? I am able to make other shortcuts.

If you want to just make a short cut that goes directly to astro, open up your app tab and long press the astro icon. It will drop your app tab and you can place it wherever you like on the desktop.

However, if you want to move a specific folder from astro file manager such as your download folder maybe, then after you desktop>shortcuts>astro>choosefile then you can select the folder and put it on to your desktop. It's a built in shortcut feature with astro so that you can gain access to your folders more easily.