Is Astro File Manager Necessary?

DocsDad

Reaction score
When I picked up my Razr Maxx, Astro would not install my backed up apps. The Maxx come with a file Manager but I don't see a way to back up/install apps. Is Astro really necessary? Also, Astro seems to be force closing now. Thanks for the info.

I am all up and running with apps but I was going to delete astro.

Graymayre

Reaction score
They made a whole new intro screen that allows you to go directly to the backup portion of the app. Now keep in mind that you need to select the correct backup directory. With my Bionic, my SD card became sdcard-ext vs the old plain sdcard, which is now just internal memory.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

OP
D

DocsDad

Reaction score
OK thanks. I deleted Astro since I could not restore (or so I thought). My Maxx's native file manager doesn't seem to have a back up but I will look again. Maybe I will try to get another backup manager and/or give Astro another try. I do recall Astro working when I had to have my OG Droid replaced so it was odd it didn't work this time.

Thanks again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

doggy2965

Reaction score
I'm using Astro on my RAZR Maxx working fine for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jmurra

Reaction score
How do I get all my apps transfered over from my INC? some are free, some are puchased, some on the SDcard and some on the phone. Thanks for helping a newbie out.

doggy2965

Reaction score
Go to android market on a PC and you can push all of them to your new device

lapeter

Reaction score
I went to andriod market and I see all my current apps on my TB. How do I "push" them to my Maxx or any other phone (wife's TB).
TIA

Go to android market on a PC and you can push all of them to your new device

doggy2965

Reaction score
I go on a PC not a phone it will show all the apps you ever downloaded with your Google login. Once your RAZR is added to your account you can push them to it. Remember you need the full android market not the phone version.