1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Shortcut management

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Bird, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Bird

Bird New Member

Hi there, I'm a new Droid owner. I have been surprised at how very basic the available User Guides/Manuals are for this phone (None packaged with!). I inadvertently got two phone shortcuts on my home page, and cannot find any means of getting one of them off! How do you remove a shortcut from your home page!!!! Seems fairly basic!!
  2. mikedav1

mikedav1 New Member

Touch and hold the icon. At the bottom a trash can appears. Drag the shortcut to the can and release. Gone! Hold it on the trashcan for a second and you can uninstall the app at the same time.
  3. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

yeah, the touch and hold thing (long-press, as it is often called) is sort of like right-clicking something in windows.. you can do it for most everything and get some kind of menu. enjoy!
  4. Bird

Bird New Member

Thanks Guys! That worked. Don't want to uninstall the Phone, though :)
Search tags for this page

android file management guides

droid manage short cuts