Setting up POP3 from WI.RR.Com

Brewski88

Reaction score
Hi Guys -

I'm trying to get my POP 3 email account set up through time warner.

I have put in my user id/password, as well as the pop-server.wi.rr.com and smtp-server.wi.rr.com and each time I try to connect I Get:

Warning: Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information, Your server is not responding.

Anyone else get this? I've been getting it the last couple of days.

jberry16

Reaction score
I'm getting the same thing, trying to set up my cableone.net email. I just got my eris today.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Have you called TW tech. TW is not my ISP, but a similar issued just needed a port number change

jberry16

Reaction score
ok here's what you need to do, I just fixed mine. First call your cable company or e-mail provider & get your information that it's asking for correct, such as pop and ports etc. then call verizon tech support and they'll walk you right through it. Turns out I wasn't completeing the process, just doing 1/2 of it but twice. first you have to set up for incomming mail and then outgoing mail. I didnt know this.
Hope that helps.

OP
B

Brewski88

Reaction score
Fixed it.

I had to uncheck "Login Required" on the outgoing (SMTP) section.

Works fine now. Thanks all for your feedback!

fant0m_Eris

Reaction score
Fixed it.

Disregard, outgoing mail still doesn't work. I'm going to call TWC to get the port that needs to be open.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Fixed it.

Disregard, outgoing mail still doesn't work. I'm going to call TWC to get the port that needs to be open.

Usually these types of ISPs will tell you they don't support cell phones on their networks and won't give you any real info. Try the following: in manual setup put in port 465 and/or 587. Those two have worked on quite a few ISPs.