Setting Up Hotmail On Android

AndroidDissected

Authorized Affiliate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.androiddissected.com
Hotmail-Banner.jpg

Although Ice Cream Sandwich has been out for quite a while now, it seems to have a bit of a problem setting up email accounts; especially Hotmail. I’m sure most of you finally got your ICS update (my condolences to those of you still stuck with Gingerbread or lower) and were disappointed that your device couldn’t set up the most simple of things: Email. You probably faced a ”can’t connect to server” error and after meticulously double-checking your email address, password fields and various other settings, eventually gave up. Apparently, Microsoft has decided to change its Hotmail servers and this gives Android a problem when trying to connect to the server.

After doing some research, I found a way to set up email. I’ve outlined how to set up your Hotmail on an ICS device below. Now since there are various sorts of accounts (@hotmail.com, @hotmail.co.uk, @live.com, @outlook.com etc.) and Hotmail/Outlook generally just sucks, this will be a slightly complication how-to article. If none of these methods work, let me know in the comments and I’ll do my best to help you.

(Continue Reading @ Android Dissected)