Hotmail for Android - Finally a Good Way

kneibarger

Reaction score
hotmail works but texting and vm is gone

I've completed the setup of hotmail twice using these instructions and I've noticed that when I set this up although everything works fine I lose VM and texting capabilities. I send texts but ppl never get them and when ppl leave VM's I don't get them. Even if I try to manually find these VM's they are nowhere to be found. When I reverse this hotmail setup I start receiving texts and vm's again. Any ideas to why this is occurring?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Im excited this was found. I can now use hotmail again. The only thing I dont like about gmail is not being able to arrange your emails by names or dates. You have to manually search for the senders and its time consuming. I wish gmail can have that option just like how they gave us the conversation view option. dancedroid

Reaction score
I've found the sync feature not to be working for the last few days. Messages deleted on the PC are not being deleted on the phone. Messages deleted on the phone are being deleted back on the PC.

And the primary reason I and many others use Hotmail is because we've used it for years and have dozens of contacts and accounts etc. etc. that are tied to it.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Yeah the first day or two, I got emails no later than a few seconds after they were sent. Now I find myself not getting emails at all. I did a manual sync last night and 4 emails arrived. This sucks.

Masta120

Reaction score
Hmmm....I'm a hotmail user and I just got a Droid Pro. I am able to get it working set up as POP3, but I cannot get it configured using IMAP (the settings above).

I deleted the hotmail account, and recreated from scratch. However, when I put in the details, it cannot load any emails.

Anyone else get this working on a Pro?

pseudoidiot

Reaction score
I got this set up yesterday (thanks for the instructions) and it seemed to be working at first. I sent a test e-mail and got the notification. But ever since then every time I check my phone, I have a notification that there's a connection error to Hotmail (using default email app). I can go in and try and refresh the connection, but it usually just comes back with "Hotmail connection error". Even when it doesn't come back with that error it doesn't display any new messages I have.

I've tried it with the "Verify Certificate" option checked and unchecked and that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Anything else I'm missing?

akiles

Reaction score
It's not imap. If you have not, try corporate or exchange.
And to the guy complaining about gmail being superior: no. Hotmail/live is. But feel free whatever makes YOU happy.

Hmmm....I'm a hotmail user and I just got a Droid Pro. I am able to get it working set up as POP3, but I cannot get it configured using IMAP (the settings above).

I deleted the hotmail account, and recreated from scratch. However, when I put in the details, it cannot load any emails.

Anyone else get this working on a Pro?

cbelling

Reaction score
Anyone still having problems? I just got a droid pro and followed the instructions but im getting connection errors. The weird thing is that i know it connected at least once because it pulled down all of my subfolders.

Any suggestions?

cbelling

Reaction score
MailDroid.

Thanks AngryHatter. In reading about MailDroid I found this: "Why can't I see my folders in Hotmail? Hotmail in MailDroid runs under POP3 (Microsoft charges a license for ActiveSync) and POP3 does not support folders from the server. IMAP does support this."

Do you know if this is still true? I'd really like to be able to have an all in one solution so if I get mail in my Inbox that I want to save I can just move it to another folder.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still seems to be true.

AngryHatter needs to stop blindly recommending MailDroid. It's not even germane to this thread.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Still seems to be true.

AngryHatter needs to stop blindly recommending MailDroid. It's not even germane to this thread.

"Hotmail for Android - Finally a Good Way"
Since that is the thread title, it is 100% germane...is it not?

Since the app is the only one I had used that successfully retrieves and sends my email - pop3, hotmail, Gmail - whatever.
Was it the brevity of my reply?

Oh...and it did seem to solve someones trouble. I am at a loss, here.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do they "make it so difficult"? I've never had problems getting the correct settings from my email providers or Googling settings for others who can't be bothered to fish for themselves. The email account provider is always the one to turn to for the settings as settings are not universal.

In any case, the topic of this thread was ActiveSync for Hotmail. You've posted a link to setting up Hotmail as POP.

"Hotmail for Android - Finally a Good Way"
Since that is the thread title, it is 100% germane...is it not?
The actual topic is ActiveSync (read the OP). No, POP settings are not germane.