SetCPU Sampling Rate = -1 ?????

OP
Y

y2k2

Reaction score
Try downloading 1000 from this list.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...hium-mod-kernels-official-kernel-lithmod.html

I have not found anything more stable out there.

Just installed it. Why?
Well I was having a minor issue. When I would select Shut down, the phone either hang or instead of just shutting down it would reboot right back up as if possessed.

So I went back and forth between P3droid and Chevy and didn't cure that reboot issue After installing 6 different kernels.
So I went ahead and installed Lithium 1.25GHz Kernel and I'll be damned, when I shut down it does just that, so far so good. I'm sure my phone is gonna find something else to complain about.

And this kernel at 1.125 is just smooth. Boots fast, the logo is smooth and once in the OS, it's very smooth as compared to Chevy 1100.

So in my my particular phone, from smoothest to non working:

Lithium -smooth

chevy-a bit less smooth but works great, except didnt get rid of my reboot

P3Droid- Doesn't even run, locks up on my phone even at 800.

We'll see how long Lithium lasts in a healthy state and how long the battery lasts as min frequency is 300 :wacko:

EbE404

Reaction score
So in my my particular phone, from smoothest to non working:

Lithium -smooth

chevy-a bit less smooth but works great, except didnt get rid of my reboot

P3Droid- Doesn't even run, locks up on my phone even at 800.

We'll see how long Lithium lasts in a healthy state and how long the battery lasts as min frequency is 300 :wacko:

Interesting, and thanks for the follow-up. I'm glad you found something that seems to be working for you. Honestly, I've never heard of anybody having as many problems with the P3 as you have, but this just goes to prove that no two phones are the same and different things work for different people.

Keep us posted on how it goes for you.

-iD

Reaction score
FWIW, whether i'm running liquid 1.71 or playing around with other ROMs, no matter what I try, eventually I come back to Slayher's kernals; consistantly the smoothest, fastest at any given clock speed, and most stable for MY droid. YMMV, but Slayher surely deserves a spot on that list of "go to kernals.

OP
Y

y2k2

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. You are the second person that I hear that Slayer's are good kernels.

OP
Y

y2k2

Reaction score
Well, so much for the Slayer kernels. None worked in my damn phone.
Seems like I got a b*tch of a phone that only likes certain kernels. Picky stupid phone.:mad:

So, so far Chevy and Lithium are the only ones that work.
CAn't be that I'm doing something wrong else Lithium/Chevy wouldn't work.

When I install these, I don't do a factory reset as some suggested. That's just crazy. What I'm doing is a CACHE Partition wipe and then an install.