Set cpu

lle295

Reaction score
So I have set cpu running at 1000/250 normally and 250/250 on sleep/stand by and for some reason my battery is draining while I'm sleeping i would go to sleep with like 90% battery and wake up with 15. what I think is happening is that when i get as tweet at night the phone goes into awake mode and won't go back to sleep until that tweet or text is re ad my phone was not doing this before the over clock. What do you guys think?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, I tend to charge my phone overnight so that it's ready to go when I am, but I have my low-ends all set to 150 on setcpu. If yours are set to 250 (I know a LOT of people are), then the cpu's going to be running at that higher speed and using more battery.

If you go into your battery useage, menu>settings>About phone>Battery use, it should give you an idea of what's using the most of the battery. Keep in mine these numbers are simply a percent of the total amount of battery used, but it will definitely show you what's used the most battery since the phone was last unplugged.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 on the charging when I'm sleeping.

Unfortunately you can't see what the battery usage is while in sleep/standby.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
So I have set cpu running at 1000/250 normally and 250/250 on sleep/stand by and for some reason my battery is draining while I'm sleeping i would go to sleep with like 90% battery and wake up with 15. what I think is happening is that when i get as tweet at night the phone goes into awake mode and won't go back to sleep until that tweet or text is re ad my phone was not doing this before the over clock. What do you guys think?

What rom are you using?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is you network coverage where your phone is charging? If the phone is searching for a signal that may be the problem. If your coverage is good then the tweets may be the culprit.
Mike

bacalao

Reaction score
Try this experiment, turn off radios (airplane mode). Then turn on radios another night , but have that tweet program uninstalled (or logged out). See what you find.