Seidio 2600mAh extended battery

PhoneZilla

Reaction score
Just in Case you Didn't KNow

Like most here I rely on the mV numbers only from Battery Left.
I like that it shows when I last rebooted and unplugged from a charger so I can record how long the battery last.
Well I was really stumped this morning. Battery Left said my phone had been unplugged and rebooted hours after I actually did yesterday.
The usage percentages and times had been reset.
Instead of over an hour of calls I placed yesterday it said I only used 7 minutes. I went through my call logs and back tracked what I was doing
yesterday trying to figure out what happened because I didn't plug in the phone after 7pm.
Here's what happened. It's a Battery Left "glitch" or whatever you want to call it.
I rebooted my phone knowing Battery Left would reset the "Time since reboot."
BUT it also reset the "time since unplugged" from the charger and reset the usage info and times.

When the phone rebooted I thought Battery Left would retain the usage info because it says
the usage percentages and times begin when the phone is unplugged from the charger NOT when it's rebooted.

I'm not sure if this issue was addressed earlier. So here's what will happen with that app.
Everyone using Battery Left knows it records when the phone was last rebooted and when it
was removed from the charger and that the usage times and percentages begin when it's unplugged.
But if you decide to reboot the phone while unplugged from the charger that will
reset your usage info and "time since unplugged" even though it could have been hours or days.

Rebooting didn't recalibrate how Battery Left read the battery whether it was "accurate" or "inaccurate" and how much time it had left.
I don't rely on that info anyway.

PhoneZilla

Reaction score
I do have a question....how long should the extended battery be charged (from battery dead) in order to know it's full? This is using A/C for charging. I mean, is 12 hours enough or is 18 hours better?

This would be difficult to figure out. My extended battery stops charging between 4160-4200mV after 3-5 hours.
I've seen the voltage drop from 4180+ to 4160 even when plugged in.

The question is if it's charged completely when it hits around 4180mV and stops climbing OR if it needs to stay on the charger even after the number stopped.
The only way I know to figure that out is if you unplugged the phone at different intervals 1, 2, 3 hours after the battery mV quit climbing.
And then you'd have to use the phone exactly the same way between charge times. That's way too much work and nearly impossible to monitor.

I believe when the mV quit climbing around 4180-4200mV that the battery is completely charged because those numbers aren't inaccurate like a battery graph or gauge.
My phone wasn't plugged in longer when I got 72 hours , 48 hours and 41 hours from one charge. Only usage was different. The longest I've had it plugged in was 6-7 hours.

snappingfish

Reaction score
always SOMEONE in every crowd

Someone wake me up when an app that can correctly (at least closely) tell where the battery is at in terms of time used, and time left, and maybe even %%'s.

Until then, its like buying a New Porshe and tearing out the gas tank gauge. A tach is fine...it can be going 3800 rpm, and then if you run out of gas-guess what.....You still have an inanimate piece O steel sittin' next to the road!

I'll be over here, waitin'!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
fish

Or you put in a gas gauge that measures gallons, not Full-1/2-Empty. Any battery app (like Battery Left) that displays mV works for now. You know that once you hit 3500mV it's time to get to a charger.

I do have a question....how long should the extended battery be charged (from battery dead) in order to know it's full? This is using A/C for charging. I mean, is 12 hours enough or is 18 hours better?

The point is, if I buy the most expensive device in the market (+/_), then I expect it to do more than its quasi-rivals. I would expect that SOMEONE, either from Droid, Motorola, Verizon, a Dev from some open-source area, or Seidio themselves to configure an app that TAKES CARE OF THE BUSINESS at hand. Not by some mickey-mouse translation, or semi-guessing via mAh-hell, you don't even know how accurate the mV reading IS, and you're going to call it realistic?

They're are a lot of good minds here, and THEY aren't going for it, either! It can't be that tough, if developing apps is your gig! Something/someone is blocking or not helping. Until I can plug it in, and have it work correctly, without having to 'estimate' I will wait. I was ready to drop a ton at Seidio, innocase, holster, multi-charger, 2800mAh battery-over $200, but not until they get a burning desire to get it right!

fish

YOU LOOKING, Seidioseidio?

PhoneZilla

Reaction score
The point is, if I buy the most expensive device in the market (+/_), then I expect it to do more than its quasi-rivals. I would expect that SOMEONE, either from Droid, Motorola, Verizon, a Dev from some open-source area, or Seidio themselves to configure an app that TAKES CARE OF THE BUSINESS at hand. Not by some mickey-mouse translation, or semi-guessing via mAh-hell, you don't even know how accurate the mV reading IS, and you're going to call it realistic?

They're are a lot of good minds here, and THEY aren't going for it, either! It can't be that tough, if developing apps is your gig! Something/someone is blocking or not helping. Until I can plug it in, and have it work correctly, without having to 'estimate' I will wait. I was ready to drop a ton at Seidio, innocase, holster, multi-charger, 2800mAh battery-over $200, but not until they get a burning desire to get it right!

fish

The reviews are as diverse as reading car tire reviews. Some like it some hate it.
I'd like it too if the phone firmware supported this larger battery and the battery icon was accurate.
Those mV numbers are way more precise than the phones battery icon could be even if it was accurate for this battery.
I believe it's easier to use those numbers to gauge how much time is remaining.

If I was using a stock battery and the phone showed 1/4 battery remaining I wouldn't know how much longer I could talk on the
phone or be on the web, 2 hours or 2 minutes?
But if I'm on the phone I can switch to Battery Left app and watch exactly how many mV are
remaining and know as soon as it hits 3300mV I have less than 10 minutes until the phone will power off and drop the call or
whatever I'm doing.
That works for the extended or stock battery.
There's no guessing what those numbers mean unlike a battery icon.
But I still would like it if both were accurate with this battery.

Hopefully you wont have to wait too long before the issue gets fixed.
Maybe some are working on it.
By then accessories will probably be cheaper.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

fish

Point well taken, but the person who created BatteryLeft didn't even have an extended battery until very recently so it's a problem of having an expensive battery available to work with.

As for the mV reading, I was trying 3 battery apps (BatteryLeft, Battery Snap & Battery Life) and all 3 gave the same mV. The percentage varied, though. And the drain isn't linear; there's a quick drop to the middle voltages, then it'll hang for a long time until it hits 3500mV and then drop to the Droid shutting down in a matter of minutes.

If you look earlier in this l-o-n-g thread, Windstrings was saying he had the Time Remaining as his top number in BatteryLeft as he liked to see how much time remained. That changed; maybe an earlier version was more accurate for time remaining.

Than being said, we haven't gotten an update from BatteryLeft for some time. Now that he's got an extended battery to play with I would've expected something.

Last edited:

kennykid

Reaction score
I just gave mine the full discharge today after charging it last night, I booted at 11am, got to work at 12 and played Homerun 3D baseball, Gangwars, Red Poker Club (battery HOG) checked stocks, personal assitant, weather, downloaded new apps, watched a few youtube vids used pandora, basically I was trying to kill it because I had my stock battery with me as well.

well it died at 7:45 and thats on first charge. I have to plug my phone in at 3pm with the stock battery on a lighter use, still heavy though.

It's better. WAY better. Yeah I didnt know exactly when it would die but the mv schedule I derived from this thread was SPOT ON, from 4185 to shut off at 35_ _.

Here's a question. If my phone thinks it is going to die it blinks red. Why waste my very limited battery at that point illuminating a light? Seems like a time to conserve. That's like if your cars gas light was powered by gas.

windstrings

Reaction score
Than being said, we haven't gotten an update from BatteryLeft for some time. Now that he's got an extended battery to play with I would've expected something.

You could try emailing him from the marketplace where his app is.....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's a question. If my phone thinks it is going to die it blinks red. Why waste my very limited battery at that point illuminating a light? Seems like a time to conserve. That's like if your cars gas light was powered by gas.

Flashing that blinking red light takes so little battery power it would probably doesn't make a noticable difference, but if you have RootAccess there is an app in the Market called LEDS Hack that lets you turn off the Notification LEDS when you want to

preinvent

Reaction score
Hi all.. still here, been really busy recently, should be able to get some updates done soon. Bear with me!

B-Unit

Reaction score
Sorry for the psudo-necro, but I only made it thru page 35 before I gave up, so this is directed at those of you who have been following since the beginning.

I have the 2600mha extended batt, has amazing capacity when it works, however, I find my phone just shutting itself off for no reason 2-3 times a day. Battery still shows 70-80% before and after it dies, and I have to pull the battery to get it to come back on. Anyone reported/seen a similar problem? Works fine with the stock battery, and the extended battery seems to have no capacity issues, just likes to randomly kill my phone.

EDIT: Just looked closely and noticed that the contacts on my battery are slightly recessed into the battery vs. the stock one which has the contacts flush with the surface. Is the recess normal or is that my problem?

Last edited: