Seidio 2600mAh extended battery

windstrings

Reaction score
I have to ask, is setting your clock speed only available to people with rooted phones? Is this an app on marketplace?

Yes Sir.. you have to be rooted and running a Rom that supports a given overclock profile.. some go higher than others and can idle lower than others... lots of variables.

I"m a bit cautious about rooting yet until I'm settled the OTA is really final.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Okay. This is the last time I am going to complain about my battery, but this is the second day in a row that i did not make it through a full day with the extended battery. I put the phone to charge last night with more than 3700 volts at 11 pm. I took it off the charger at 7:30 am and it still did not max out at 4200 volts. It was at 4168 and when I took it off the charger it quickly dropped under 4000 volts. This battery has to be faulty and I happened to buy it from Amazon and not directly from Seidio. Im going to sell this and get the 2800mah.

???

Reaction score
mine has pretty much got to the same point, never gets over 4000mv and it died on me about 8pm. so put the stock batt in and charged it for a few hours than switched back and pluged the extended battery in over night. swapped the stock batt in this morning before I let, just to see how the stock battery holds up, I have the other with me incase this one dies before I get out of work.

it deff feels like the extended battery is dying faster and faster. I'm thinking about buying the wall charger for it that they sell and trying that, but if its a bad battery it would mean I just wasted another 30$. blah..

bhall238

Reaction score
mine has pretty much got to the same point, never gets over 4000mv and it died on me about 8pm. so put the stock batt in and charged it for a few hours than switched back and pluged the extended battery in over night. swapped the stock batt in this morning before I let, just to see how the stock battery holds up, I have the other with me incase this one dies before I get out of work.

it deff feels like the extended battery is dying faster and faster. I'm thinking about buying the wall charger for it that they sell and trying that, but if its a bad battery it would mean I just wasted another 30$. blah..

So is it the charger that is to blame? I had a portable drill and when the original charger broke I had to buy a new one. The new charger had some "smarts" and read the date of manufacture. It was over a year old but still had life left. The charger however shorted or somehow killed the battery. I guess what I'm asking is do you have to buy their charger to take full advantage of the extra capacity.

???

Reaction score

So is it the charger that is to blame? I had a portable drill and when the original charger broke I had to buy a new one. The new charger had some "smarts" and read the date of manufacture. It was over a year old but still had life left. The charger however shorted or somehow killed the battery. I guess what I'm asking is do you have to buy their charger to take full advantage of the extra capacity.

I don't know... its not written anywhere or even sold as a combo battery and charger on this site. all I can tell you us the phone does not charge the extended battery like it does the stock battery. it runs true its charge cycle in like 30mins, but if you pull it off charge the phone will dies in a few hours. you have to leave the phone on charge for a good 8 hours or more passed charged to get it charged enough to handle a day.

the travle charger they sell is only a long shot guess from me, it might just charge the thing just like the phone does and be a waste. all this might be the battery or it could be the phone, I don't know..

windstrings

Reaction score
If you look at the tiny writing on the wall chargers they will show the ma ratings... often third party charges do not quite give the same voltage as stock chargers and so the battery takes longer to reach full charge.
My stock travel charger that came with my Droid says 5.1Volts at .7 A.

If you have a charger with less voltage the final charge voltage may not be high enough to continue the flow of amps into the battery so the charge always stops shy of what it could have.
If the amperage rating is less than .7 that just means it may take longer to do the same job.

These extended batteries can attain 90+ % of their charge back in a very short time compared to how long it took to drain them.... that takes "amps".

Voltage is like water pressure.. it pushs the "amps" "gallons" into the reservoir.

It only takes 2-3 hours to charge these back up from dead, but it takes about that long again to fully top them off because the amperage flow is much less at the top due to the overprotection circuit in the battery won't allow too much voltage to continue the last bit of charge whereas when the battery was dead the voltage was much lower an the charger was free to push in as much as it could handle without restriction.

Sometimes I think the overprotection circuit so limits the flow towards the end of the charge that chargers with lower voltage hit a wall and get nothing or little accomplished at the last.

I would check out your charger and make sure it has specs at least as high as those on the stock charger.

???

Reaction score
I've never used anything besides my stock charger to charge my phone..

windstrings

Reaction score
I don't know... its not written anywhere or even sold as a combo battery and charger on this site. all I can tell you us the phone does not charge the extended battery like it does the stock battery. it runs true its charge cycle in like 30mins, but if you pull it off charge the phone will dies in a few hours. you have to leave the phone on charge for a good 8 hours or more passed charged to get it charged enough to handle a day.

the travle charger they sell is only a long shot guess from me, it might just charge the thing just like the phone does and be a waste. all this might be the battery or it could be the phone, I don't know..

If your using the same charger to charge the extended that you do for stock, then I would think your extended battery is defective... the same charger should do both correctly.

???

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing all these batterys are bad. I think it has much more to do with not being able to charge them right, and since yours lasts for days and days, some how your phone doesn't pull as much power while on charge, so more goes to the batt and its win win.. where mine I can tell it won't charge to as high of mv overnight if I happen to leave wifi on. so if you have a rooted and overclocked phone with a ton of apps, you just never get a full charge.

on a side note, its only been a few hours but my stock batt is hanging in there still.

I'm going to take the chance and order their charger tonight. just to see

on a side note, the phone is nicer in your pocket with the slim batt, but nothing to hold on to and always feels like I'm going to drop it. with the extended it just fits in your hand nicely

???

Reaction score
well I just ordered this charger... Seidio Multi-Function Battery Charger for Motorola Droid - Droid Spare Battery Chargers - Droid Forums Store

kinda pricey but hope its useful, even if just to charge 2 batterys at once, or charge a battery without the phone being turned on. which is just plain weird that you can't turn your phone off while charging. first time I've seen that.

come to find out this place is in inverness florida, which is like an hour north of me and we go on motorcycle rides up in that aera, so if the new charger doesn't seem to charge the batt right either, maybe I will try to exchange it.

review in a week when it gets here lol

???

Reaction score
just as an update, my stock battery shut down on me before the work day is done.. it hung in pretty good till I had some free time to use my phone for real. about 2hours of surfing around with some videos thrown in and it was dropped fast.

didn't get to look at any times, but I put the stock batt in about 10:30ish and it was about half power around 530 with not much for me use, using it pretty good from then till 7 and it was gone. so even thou the extended feels like its getting worse, it deff handles good usage better than that.

hope the charger makes it better thou

windstrings

Reaction score
If the extended if working right, you should bump pretty close to double the runtime of the stock with a give habit of use.

I wouldn't recommend people go my my times because I honest just don't use my phone much as I'm at work or doing other things alot.

Comparing with your stock is a good rule of thumb.

forsaken

Reaction score
i think i killed mine :( had phone running slacker and gps and bluetooth at same time for several hours. phone was plugged in the whole time. i looked up and the meter was red like battery was dead. when i opened batteryleft it showed overheated under battery health. after it cooled down heath went back to good.... but it dosent last nearly as long now.

windstrings

Reaction score
i think i killed mine :( had phone running slacker and gps and bluetooth at same time for several hours. phone was plugged in the whole time. i looked up and the meter was red like battery was dead. when i opened batteryleft it showed overheated under battery health. after it cooled down heath went back to good.... but it dosent last nearly as long now.

Is the egg before the chicken.... maybe......

If you had a bad cell that was slightly shorted with a high resistance short.. that will drain you battery quick, kill shelf life and cause undue heat when using and charging at the same time.

I normally leave mine on the charger almost constantly when in the car, its on and I use it... no problems......

I wouldn't be so fast to take the blame for it going bad just because you were using it while charging.

The phone basically runs off the battery.... drain it completely dead dead and plug it in, the phone still won't boot till the battery has a change to get a little juice in it.

You indeed had a heat issue, but the question is why.

NuDroid

Reaction score
I just returned my 2600mah and plan on purchasing the new 2800mah..