Seidio 2600mAh extended battery

windstrings

Reaction score
Well, I ordered the battery today. It'll be interesting, to say the least. I'm gonna have to re-read this thread to see how to properly charge it and such.

Just charge it nice and healthy "4 - 6 hours past when it says its full".
Let it run down and do the same about 4 - 5 times and its done.

Just remember its not truly fully charged unless your bumping close between 4180mv to 4200mv "once immediately off the charger".. that number will vary a bit based on temp etc.

Once its broke in good.. just use it as normal... you can top it off repeatedly or not...... once a month or so, still good to give it at least one healthy charge as it help to equalize any weak cells that can't seem to keep up with the pace.

I personally just leave mine on the charger when I sleep... "unless" I"m purposely doing a marathon run to test it or calibrate the cool little app we've been playing with called "battery left".

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I ordered the battery today. It'll be interesting, to say the least. I'm gonna have to re-read this thread to see how to properly charge it and such.

Just charge it nice and healthy "4 - 6 hours past when it says its full".
Let it run down and do the same about 4 - 5 times and its done.

Just remember its not truly fully charged unless your bumping close between 4180mv to 4200mv "once immediately off the charger".. that number will vary a bit based on temp etc.

Once its broke in good.. just use it as normal... you can top it off repeatedly or not...... once a month or so, still good to give it at least one healthy charge as it help to equalize any weak cells that can't seem to keep up with the pace.

I personally just leave mine on the charger when I sleep... "unless" I"m purposely doing a marathon run to test it or calibrate the cool little app we've been playing with called "battery left".

Thanks for the information. Yes, I got Battery Left some time ago, anticipating the purchase.

Last edited:

solorca

Reaction score
I'm now at 73.5 hours with a mv reading of 3591mv.

You'll have to show me where to see the actual hours used.. you must be using an app I don't have.

The easiest way is to click on Battery Left and click "usage". If you then click on the specific item (Display, etc.) it will list the CPU total.

Ah, ok, I didn't realize you have to open each one to see the time...

right now I"m at 3d, 2hr, 51min "75hrs, 13min" and at 3476mv.
voice calls 37% 2h 45min
cell standy 20% 6d 5h 44m, time without signal 50%
phone idle 13% 3d 0h 25min
wifi 10% 22h, 11m
display 10% 2h 27min
blutooth 4% 3d 2hr 53min
android system 3% 38min
android os 2% 23min

Wow, I must have a dud. That kind of usage with my Extended Battery would cause my phone to die in about half of the time.

I never use WIFI or Bluetooth, but I do use the Mediaserver, which is probably a comparable drain. The display time is about what I would normally go through before the phone drops.

The big difference is that I talk maybe 10 minutes a day on my phone. The fact that your display, at 2:47 is only 10% of your usage tells me that you're getting MUCH better life than I am.

Today I'm on the OEM battery, and I'm down to 80% (based on the actual battery reader) after 6 hours, but I have barely touched the phone. I have used less than 10 mintues of display time.

I'm starting to think that the BB rom is what is causing the drain. The widgets, while draining...shouldn't be THAT bad.

Seidio makes it ridiculously hard to get a warranty replacement for something that wasn't purchased by them directly.

Last edited:

windstrings

Reaction score
The easiest way is to click on Battery Left and click "usage". If you then click on the specific item (Display, etc.) it will list the CPU total.

Ah, ok, I didn't realize you have to open each one to see the time...

right now I"m at 3d, 2hr, 51min "75hrs, 13min" and at 3476mv.
voice calls 37% 2h 45min
cell standy 20% 6d 5h 44m, time without signal 50%
phone idle 13% 3d 0h 25min
wifi 10% 22h, 11m
display 10% 2h 27min
blutooth 4% 3d 2hr 53min
android system 3% 38min
android os 2% 23min

Wow, I must have a dud. That kind of usage with my Extended Battery would cause my phone to die in about half of the time.

I never use WIFI or Bluetooth, but I do use the Mediaserver, which is probably a comparable drain. The display time is about what I would normally go through before the phone drops.

The big difference is that I talk maybe 10 minutes a day on my phone. The fact that your display, at 2:47 is only 10% of your usage tells me that you're getting MUCH better life than I am.

Today I'm on the OEM battery, and I'm down to 80% (based on the actual battery reader) after 6 hours, but I have barely touched the phone. I have used less than 10 mintues of display time.

I'm starting to think that the BB rom is what is causing the drain. The widgets, while draining...shouldn't be THAT bad.

when I use my phone heavy "for Me", I only get about 45 hours.. rare to get less than that.. but I don't let programs continually poll much unless I honestly am using them.

G_Neo

Reaction score
Just a note: I ordered from seidio, had a problem with my order and their customer service went above and beyond my wildest expectations. Thumbs up!

solar

Reaction score
when I use my phone heavy "for Me", I only get about 45 hours.. rare to get less than that.. but I don't let programs continually poll much unless I honestly am using them.

You have a crazy unnaturally-long life on yours for whatever reason! I don't think we can use yours as a median or norm, lol:laugh:

???

Reaction score
what app are you using to auto kill apps? I have to app killers I use, well one is astro they other is a true task killer. but both I have to open and tap kill, which is always a ton of random stuff runing in the back ground for no good reason.

BPB

Reaction score
2600mAh vs 2800mAh Seidio battery

It may be the same battery but the temptation of more power was too much. I need all the power i can get!

LOL!.. your too funny!... maybe you can sell your old one to Matt if he wants it so he can fine tune "battery left".

Ok, I just received the Seidio 2800mAh battery. I'd already had the 2600mAh battery. They look identical, except one is labeled 2800mAh (obviously). But, I did weigh each battery. The 2600mAh battery weighs 1.7 ounces. The 2800mAh battery weighs 1.9 ounces. So, maybe there are 200 extra mAh crammed in there. I've yet to give it the proper initial charge, so time will tell. The max voltage I was showing with Battery Left was 4189 with the 2600mAh battery (after charging past "full"), so we'll see how the 2800mAh compares.
Matt, if you're reading this, PM me for the betterment of Battery Left!

Bxrider117

Reaction score
So I have been rocking the Seidio extended battery for a month now and i am on the fence. I have never gotten 2 whole days of charge from this battery. At best I have gotten a little over a full 24 hours. Today for the second time, after some heavy usage it has not even made it past 8 hours. Today, I took it off the charger at @4163. I watched 2 movies with bluetooth headphones. Used my GPS twice for 10 minute trips, took a few calls totaling about 1 hour and was playing 3d Baseball and the battery died. Another time I was in San Francisco using the GPS Nav for about 4 hours and streaming music and the battery died after a full 6-8 hours of charging. I am wondering if the ROM with the overclock is hurting the battery life or if it is just my battery. I would be interested in hearing the difference between the 2600 and 2800 battery.

I do have a question, at what voltage will the battery die? I use battery left and the readings will say that they are accurate, but I am not sure what accurate is before the battery will die.

windstrings

Reaction score
what app are you using to auto kill apps? I have to app killers I use, well one is astro they other is a true task killer. but both I have to open and tap kill, which is always a ton of random stuff running in the back ground for no good reason.

I'm using Task manager by Rhythm software.

I like it because you can either A. let things run as they will B. set it to autokill any app you want whenever the screen is turned off, or C. pick and choose if and when to kill stuff.

Some things I never want running at all on their own.. period, I may only want to use them once every few months and it ticks me off when it thinks it has to run everyday whether I tell it to or not, while others I don't want self initiating without my knowledge or permission and others I like to be able to run on their own as they are not tenacious and I may want them to come up as I left them for later reference "like my word document reader" etc.

We all have different levels of use and anyone who uses their phone for more than a simple phone/text messaging will tend to eat battery to one degree or another.

Its nice to not have to be self conscious about whether I can make it a full day should I want to go crazy and spend tons of time on my phone.

windstrings

Reaction score
So I have been rocking the Seidio extended battery for a month now and i am on the fence. I have never gotten 2 whole days of charge from this battery. At best I have gotten a little over a full 24 hours. Today for the second time, after some heavy usage it has not even made it past 8 hours. Today, I took it off the charger at @4163. I watched 2 movies with bluetooth headphones. Used my GPS twice for 10 minute trips, took a few calls totaling about 1 hour and was playing 3d Baseball and the battery died. Another time I was in San Francisco using the GPS Nav for about 4 hours and streaming music and the battery died after a full 6-8 hours of charging. I am wondering if the ROM with the overclock is hurting the battery life or if it is just my battery. I would be interested in hearing the difference between the 2600 and 2800 battery.

I do have a question, at what voltage will the battery die? I use battery left and the readings will say that they are accurate, but I am not sure what accurate is before the battery will die.

Once you get to about 3350, you only have minutes of light use, you may not even make it that far if your doing heavy stuff.

4163 may not be fully charged... especially if that reading is while its still on charge.
Once you take it off the charger, you should be able to see between 4180 to 4200mv.

If you play with it and pull the voltage down before you really take a look a quick 5 min recharge should bring it right back up...
In other words, once its fully charged, the voltage will rebound easily if put back on the charger.

On the other hand if your not fully charged, it won't rebound so easily.

Don't go by the indicator that says "charged" as they is grossly inaccurate if your really wanting to get full runtime.

If you just keep it on charge when you sleep, I expect you'll never run out of battery as it should last as long as you would care to want to stay up before you went to sleep again!

solorca

Reaction score

I think that the overclocking/rom may have something to do with it. That kind of usage would drain my battery as well, and I am currently running BB 0.9 at 800mhz.

It does sound like you were using it rather heavily...but with such a large battery, I would hope it could do better.

windstrings

Reaction score
I think that the overclocking/rom may have something to do with it. That kind of usage would drain my battery as well, and I am currently running BB 0.9 at 800mhz.

It does sound like you were using it rather heavily...but with such a large battery, I would hope it could do better.

Also, where do you have your idle clock speed at?....250, 125?... having idle clock speed at anything lower than 550 will help recoup some of the losses when in use.

Of course if your a heavy user that doesn't have much downtime, the overclocking would really compound against you, but if your have lots of downtime like me, having an overclock profile like that would give me even more life.

bhall238

Reaction score

Also, where do you have your idle clock speed at?....250, 125?... having idle clock speed at anything lower than 550 will help recoup some of the losses when in use.

Of course if your a heavy user that doesn't have much downtime, the overclocking would really compound against you, but if your have lots of downtime like me, having an overclock profile like that would give me even more life.
I'm about to head over and order the battery after reading the last several pages of this thread. It looks a lot better than it did in the beginning. I have to ask, is setting your clock speed only available to people with rooted phones? Is this an app on marketplace?

solorca

Reaction score

I have profiles set of 250/125 for Charging and Sleep/Standby.