Secret to getting my Bionic to recognize a USB cable???

Wilder0221

Reaction score
I'm rooted and on. 246 is there anything special I have to do to get my phone to detect the cable. I have a mini usb on one end and a standard usb 2.0 on other end.
Thanks for any help

marleyinoc

Reaction score
I believe you have to go to moto's website to download latest drivers.

-I haz Bionic

tlarseth

Reaction score
If the drivers don't fix it, then it would be the cable, try another one. A lot of people say only use Motorola Cables, I personally use at home a Western Digital External Hard Drive cable, the one that came with my 1TB Passport, and at work I use the cable that came from my old Samsung Intensity II. Both actually work a lot better than the Moto one, and the WD one is super fast.

erfoster

Reaction score
I've used a few different cables, and while most were fine, I do have one that my phone will charge with, but refuses to recognize my computer. I'm not sure the reasoning but even without drivers your computer should recognize a new device connnected, if it's not doing that I'd try a different cable, preferably from Motorola just because it eliminates the possibilty of a bad cable even if other cables might work.

Crazebeats

Reaction score
You have to make sure it's a data cable. There are some that have jumpers connecting the data slots disabling them. Your phone recognizes that and it allows your phone to charge at max. That's why some chargers seem to work better than others.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2