Searching contacts takes FOREVER and can't edit any contacts..

Erikbal

Reaction score
When I go to search for a contact to call or text or whatever it will often take like 5 to 10 seconds for it to find the contact and bring it up. I only have 200 some contacts too. Also if I open a contact and go to options and edit contact a blank screen will come up with save and cancel at the bottom and it will just stay like that til I hit back or home. The other day I went to edit a co workers contact info to add his house phone cuz he just moved and doesn't get service at his new place so he had to get a house phone and I ended up having to add a whole new contact to save his home phone rather than just adding it like I should be able to. Any ideas on any of this? Besides this I'm very happy with my phone. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have your contacts set up through Gmail? Or Verizon Backup?

I would suggest linking them to one or the other, and perform a factory reset. You may have to set your phone back up by dialing *228, but it may solve your issue.

maxwellag

Reaction score
My facebook contacts are read only contacts.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
Yeah you're right that's what's up with mine too. I just tried a contact that isn't linked from facebook and I could edit it fine. Weird never though of that. Yeah I use back up assistant.

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
But why taking forever to find a contact? I'm weary about doing a reset because when I first activated this phone and Verizon switched my contacts over they were all doubled and tripled. I spent like an hour deleting all I didn't need one night and the next day there were like triples again. I finally turned off the google backup and just use the back up assistant and now all the duplicates I erased the last time are still gone luckily! I just figured maybe I had so many contacts and that's why it was slow but now I've only got 250 something and it's still slow.