SDcard contents exist, but I can't see them!

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
I just noticed this thread. I too am having this same problem. I outlined it here in this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus-help/195493-missing-folders.html that I posted yesterday. Seems like it might be a 4.0.3 issue, not sure but I'll bounce back and forth and continue to research and see if we can't figure this issue out.

I tried the sdrescan app and had no luck.

I'll keep searching...

OP
M

mendy817

Reaction score
I just noticed this thread. I too am having this same problem. I outlined it here in this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus-help/195493-missing-folders.html that I posted yesterday. Seems like it might be a 4.0.3 issue, not sure but I'll bounce back and forth and continue to research and see if we can't figure this issue out.

I tried the sdrescan app and had no luck.

I'll keep searching...

thanks, and definitely let me know if you find anything out, its driving me nuts... i'm thinking about unrooting and re-rooting just to see if i can fix it, but i'm afraid i'll lose everything on my "sd card" since i have no really good way of transferring it to my computer

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
thanks, and definitely let me know if you find anything out, its driving me nuts... i'm thinking about unrooting and re-rooting just to see if i can fix it, but i'm afraid i'll lose everything on my "sd card" since i have no really good way of transferring it to my computer

I have been using AirDroid for the time being. https://market.android.com/details?...=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5zYW5kLmFpcmRyb2lkIl0. It allows you to access your 'sdcard' just fine through a web browser over a WiFi connection and you can transfer files from PC to your phone or vice versa. It actually is a very handy app especially if you do not have your usb with you at all times, but I still want to figure this problem out and get back to the traditional usb transferring.

OP
M

mendy817

Reaction score
yeah, i tried airdroid and the problem was that i couldn't transfer the entire sd card contents over to my pc (like, by just transferring folders).

i think the most annoying part of the issue is the fact that i can't get ringtones or certain pictures to work on the actual phone. super annoying

rudolphe

Reaction score
I'm looking for a solution to this myself. None of my pictures show up in the gallery.

OP
M

mendy817

Reaction score
I'm looking for a solution to this myself. None of my pictures show up in the gallery.

after literally months of trying to figure this out, i used the android revolution superwipe and it worked perfectly. link: http://tinyurl.com/d3adqlq (don't worry, it doesn't touch the sdcard)

in cwm do a fulle wipe (cache/data/dalvik/etc), then flash the superwipe, then flash whatever rom you're using (i'm on codename at the moment). after you do your normal restore of everything, reboot (might take a couple reboot's) and everything should be back to normal! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::D

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm bumping this b/c I came across this issue the other day and I couldn't transfer my Titanium Backup or My Backup Pro backups to my other phone because of it. Has there been a better solution figured out than to wipe?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm bumping because I have one more data point concerning this issue. Note that previous to this issue I've had no difficulty transferring files or having Windows Explorer read the sdcard.

I hooked the phone to the computer (win7) to transfer the new BlackIce B36 rom to the phone. When I tried to do the transfer the progress bar did not move. I cancelled the transfer and clicked on the internal storage and windows explorer would not read the sdcard. I fiddle around with this for a few minutes - rebooted phone, reboot computer, moved to different usb port, tried Sdrescan (which worked temporarily but issue returned almost immediately). I started thinking about what changes I had made recently to the phone. I had reinstalled the paid version of PowerAmp. I further remembered seeing it put a notification up occassionally about "rescaning music libraries". I uninstalled PowerAmp and everything was immediately fixed. MTP and Windows Explorer once again playing nicely.

Again, this is being represented as solution for everyone, but it is merely once more data point.

Good luck.

msu

Reaction score
I just got my SGN last week and after playing with it I have come to not understand one thing.
I'm coming from DX and I backed up all my SDcard stuff so I could pics, wallpapers, ringtones, etc on my Nexus.

Well When it comes to transfering pictures it seems to fail every single time!??? I really don't understand why it will not copy them over to my Nexus. I'm using Win7 and using pdanet drivers. Everything else seemed to transfer over just fine yet it has trouble with pictures???
I have randomly seen the nothing showing up stuff also. I will go into a folder and nothing is there, but they are on my phone?:icon_evil: