SD card

david14807

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]OK I did something stupid to my DInc. My phone told me I was out of room and wouldn’t download something for me. I, uhm… told the phone to format the SD card. I didn’t save anything anywhere first. What can I do to fix it? How do I clean up the internal storage?[/FONT]

tigerdango

Reaction score
I haven't been able to figure out how to work with internal storage yet, but a really good file manage app like Astro let's you manage your mini-SD.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

grimloktt

Reaction score
I "think" you can reduce internal storage fill percentage by moving your apps to sd card...

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
That's right a lot of your app can be move to the storage. Go to settings-app-select the app and you will see an option to move the app into the SD card. Anyhow, you should have enough room in your phone to support your main app. Do you?
Good luck!!!
Sent from my DROIDX

tigerdango

Reaction score
Um...I would really hope you would have enough room on your phone. The Droid phones have like...What...8GB of internal phone storage?

Reaction score
Your INC comes with "8Gigs" of internal memory. The reason for the quotations is that 6.60Gigs of that 8 are what's available to you, the other 1.4 are used for the OS and other nifty stuff on the phone like preloaded widgets, apps, HTC Sense, etc.

As repeated here, you should be able to have those apps stored on the SD card if need be, but you've more than enough room on the phone as it is. Also remember that your phone only comes with a 2Gig memory card, so it will fill up much faster than your phone (initially), and you can expand the INC sd memory all the way up to 32Gigs. (Also note that has to be SD 2.0)

Stick a larger capacity card in there and your problems will disappear. You can find them cheap nowadays online, I've seen 32Gig cards for as low as $50 bucks, and even cheaper if you really dig. Trust me, it's a worthy investment for your phone.

I also highly encourage you to check out the app that Tigerdango suggested, Astro File Manager, it's a free download in the Market, and will give you great file management capabilities, as well as the ability to create new folders and move things around.

Hope all this has helped you so far.

tigerdango

Reaction score
I think you're my new best friend, Techno. Lol. Yeah, but keep in mind it's the newer models that come pre-installed with a 2GB mini-SD. When the INCs first released it came with no mini-SD as well as Android 2.1. Right yeah. I knew that...When I said it comes with 8GB storage that is the physical size of it, but some of it is already used. Kind of like if you buy a 120GB Xbox 360 even brand-new you only actually get about 100 or 99GB of actual space to use. You would be surprised, though. Maybe it's just because I don't download tons of stuff, but I'd never come close to using up even a 2GB mini-SD. I have a 4GB one though because I bought one for my BlackBerry Curve 3G 9330 which didn't even so much as come with a mini-SD at all. Gee thanks, BlackBerry.

*EDIT* Speaking of which, be sure to check around and look for good deals on mini-SD cards that come with an SD adapter. They are very, very useful because for PC media card readers, the Kodak machines at CVS, etc. you need the SD card adapter to put in your mini-SD. I got mine at Walmart for like 15, a pack that came with a 4GB mini-SD and a SD adapter. Friendly advice. =)

Last edited: