1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Added an sd card. How do I use it?

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by rosariorose9, May 22, 2010.

1. rosariorose9

rosariorose9 Member

Added an 8gb sd card, which I then formatted. How do I 'use' it? Can I control whether music that I add is stored in the sd card as opposed to the internal memory? How about when I take pictures/videos, etc.??

Thanks for any advice.
  2. nightfishing

nightfishing New Member

1. get a File Explorer from the market (Astro, Estrongs are two good ones). This will allow you to explorer/browse the card from the phone.

2. Some programs will allow you to store data on the card (or in phone storage). You will need to check setting for them individually. (i.e. go into the camera and hit settings>storage and make sure SD card is checked.)

I don't use music on the Inc (outside of ringtones), but I am sure the process would be similar.
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

how do you add music? just from the computer?

if this is the case then when you mount it you are mounting the SD card as a drive - so putting anything on it will show up on the memory card

and +1 for astro for managing your file locations
  4. rosariorose9

rosariorose9 Member

Thanks!!

Thank you, nightfishing and Abe. Got it! dancedroid
Search tags for this page

does the droid razr require an sd card in order to use it?

droid incredible how to add music from a memory card