SD card errors that can't be fixed?

OP
sc4fpse

sc4fpse

Reaction score
let me know if your sd card recognizes everything. including music cause thats my major gripe.

No problems that I've seen yet. The only thing that doesn't work is that gamesave I mentioned, although I figure that was probably my own fault. Something I did, I guess. Going through my music, everything seems to be working. Images, movies... all there, all work.

Also, I just did the reformat option on the Droid itself, so I would assume it would just format it back to the state in which it came (FAT32? Yes?/No?).

triptych

Reaction score
let me know if your sd card recognizes everything. including music cause thats my major gripe.

No problems that I've seen yet. The only thing that doesn't work is that gamesave I mentioned, although I figure that was probably my own fault. Something I did, I guess. Going through my music, everything seems to be working. Images, movies... all there, all work.

Also, I just did the reformat option on the Droid itself, so I would assume it would just format it back to the state in which it came (FAT32? Yes?/No?).
does windows still bug you to scan and fix your card every time you mount it?

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score

if you just formatted the sd card by way of the droid, then yes it is still fat32. but is it possible to format the sd card with windows and make it ntfs??? i really doubt you can. but i just wanna make sure this will fix my problem before i go through all the work of reformating and reinstalling all my data on the card.

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
yes windows 7. its taking long as hell to transfer the files back to my phone. i tried to move them back all at once [14.87 gb of files] and it would not let me. so i have to do it at about 2-3 gb at a time and it takes like 10-15 min to transfer that amount. if this does not work i am calling verizon. [not that they could do much.]

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
okay. the same BS is happening as before. music that i have downloaded with my new laptop running windows 7 are not being recognized by my droid. all the files that i originally had on the phone that i copied from my old pc running XP work fine.

okay i just had a breakthrough. i copied the files that i downloaded with windows 7 on to my external harddrive. when i copy the music files directly from my external to the droid, the phone has no problem detecting the files, but if i copy them from the harddrive in my laptop to the droid. they are not detected or recognized. very weird. im gonna look into this further because its obvious that its a problem with windows 7 and not the phone.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
SNOWMAN, I was going to post the same thing.
remove the MICRO SD card from the phone and put it in a SD card adapter and format that way to NTSF.

on another note I am having this same problem on Win7 I was coping music to the DROID and some thing went wrong my droid screen went black, windows explorer stopped responding. I had to pull the battery off the droid in order to get it working again.

hrm.... to reformat or not to reformat that is the question..
now if I do reformat should I do a FAT32 or NTSF?

-=Jason=-

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
on another note I am having this same problem on Win7 I was coping music to the DROID and some thing went wrong my droid screen went black, windows explorer stopped responding. I had to pull the battery off the droid in order to get it working again.

hrm.... to reformat or not to reformat that is the question..
now if I do reformat should I do a FAT32 or NTSF?

-=Jason=-

you need a program called gparted to format a 16 gb sd card to ntfs. hope that helps. its retarded that you can not do that with win 7. and why should we have to spend money on a sd card adapter when we just spent up to 200 bucks, maybe more for some or you, on a moto droid. this should be added in a OS update as an option to format to ntfs. im gonna pass the word to verizon.

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
im also on my second droid phone. first one kept freezing like 2-3 times a day and it would turn itself off and on at will. the first one lasted a week. this one ive had about two months now and it froze a few times. i love my droid but there are alot of things they need to fix/improve but im not gonna get into it. at least i didnt get a nexus one.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The big question is...
Will the Droid support ntfs?
no it will not :(

I just tried with a 2 gig card which I thought was NTFS every thing worked, but when i formatted my 16gig card to NTSF and put it in the droid it is being displayed as empty and wants to format it :(
I get this notification at the top " BLANK SD CARD> blank sd card or has unsupported file system"

-=Jason=-

Last edited:

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
well that settles this. the only way the droid will ever be able to recognize a NTFS format sd card is through an OS update. so untill that happens, us windows 7 users will be having problems.

damn you motorola. damn you verizon.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well that settles this. the only way the droid will ever be able to recognize a NTFS format sd card is through an OS update. so untill that happens, us windows 7 users will be having problems.

damn you motorola. damn you verizon.

after my FAT32 format I am no longer having an error message when the phone is plugged in via USB cable...

so my problem has been solved. using Win7 Pro 64bit

-=Jason=-