sd card door will not close with new card

roach

Reaction score
My sd card slot door will not close when I put in a new sd card,I tried different ones and had no luck.I don't remember if when you push it the card stays in,it feels like when pushing the sd card has tension on it like it's spring loaded.I even tried it on a different sd door.
Thank's

lloydsw

Reaction score
Dumb question: did you insert the sd card first, then put the sim card in the tray, then insert it?

BTW, I feel this is the weak link on this phone. I really hate pulling that tray out. The whole thing seems to be very fragile.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Dumb question: did you insert the sd card first, then put the sim card in the tray, then insert it?

BTW, I feel this is the weak link on this phone. I really hate pulling that tray out. The whole thing seems to be very fragile.
i no on other phones and cameras all i need to do is pull the door and stick in the card and the card stays in,i can hear a click and sometimes feel it.but this just hangs out but there is tension on it i don't no if the card is supposed to stay in or hang out while i am closing it.
the door will not close.
thanks

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Is the card in upside down??

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
i no on other phones and cameras all i need to do is pull the door and stick in the card and the card stays in,i can hear a click and sometimes feel it.but this just hangs out but there is tension on it i don't no if the card is supposed to stay in or hang out while i am closing it.
the door will not close.
thanks

No, the card should have the spring-loading you talk about - not too much different than a click pen's spring loaded catch system. The issue is likely that you are not pressing it in far enough. You may need to use your fingernail to get it in far enough that the catch clicks into place. This is quite normal. The card cannot be inserted too far, and should not stick out either.

If it is sticking out and you can simply grab it and pull it all the way out, then you've not inserted it far enough. You should only be able to remove the card by first pressing it in again and hearing the click, then releasing and the spring will eject the card out far enough to grab hold of, or if not careful will launch the card across the table.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
My sd card slot door will not close when I put in a new sd card,I tried different ones and had no luck.I don't remember if when you push it the card stays in,it feels like when pushing the sd card has tension on it like it's spring loaded.I even tried it on a different sd door.
Thank's

Jimmy TIME to CHIME in! YAY!

I had the same issue, not as bad, but its a poorly designed tray system. Its supposed to "click" in, but even sometimes when it did, I had an error about the SD card not being able to be read, but the SIM card was fine.

Issue actually went away, sad thing is once that cleared up, the phone developed some sort of AI and decided I was the "enemy" and forever on just is lagtastic and the screen response time can be so unbearable I actually consider a mental evaluation if its all in my head. But its not, at times I will press something and it literally can take up to a second and half to respond.

But its my phone, its defective so....

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
No, the card should have the spring-loading you talk about - not too much different than a click pen's spring loaded catch system. The issue is likely that you are not pressing it in far enough. You may need to use your fingernail to get it in far enough that the catch clicks into place. This is quite normal. The card cannot be inserted too far, and should not stick out either.

If it is sticking out and you can simply grab it and pull it all the way out, then you've not inserted it far enough. You should only be able to remove the card by first pressing it in again and hearing the click, then releasing and the spring will eject the card out far enough to grab hold of, or if not careful will launch the card across the table.
=============
Got it thanks alot,what I did was use a safety pin and pushed it in as far as it would go,I didn't hear or feel it click but it stayed in and now I have an extra 64 gb on my phone.
Thanks to everyone again