All of a sudden my phone says Blank SD card

Ed ke6bnl

Reaction score
All of a sudden my phone says Blank SD card, it is in the top bar when you tap on it is says I need to format card, I tried that and now it says the same thing, do I have a bad SD card?? was working for many months

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
You might take the SD card and reinsert it or if you have an SD card reader, try viewing it on your PC or laptop...

OP
E

Ed ke6bnl

Reaction score
I did notice that when I went back and changed it in the message can't change in the post heading. thanks for the advice

Maybe paint some pretty colors on it so it's not so bland! ;)

OP
E

Ed ke6bnl

Reaction score
You might take the SD card and reinsert it or if you have an SD card reader, try viewing it on your PC or laptop...

yes I will try to see if it shows up on the computer? How important is it to have a working card.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
All of a sudden my phone says Blank SD card, it is in the top bar when you tap on it is says I need to format card, I tried that and now it says the same thing, do I have a bad SD card?? was working for many months

My phone did that too, I had taken out the SD card and put it in my PC to quickly delete stuff, popped it back in the Razr, and NOTHING! I freaked out as I had some important stuff on there, put it back in my PC, files where there, made a quick back up, installed it back in my phone, waited a few minutes and all was well. Another strange glitch I experienced.

OP
E

Ed ke6bnl

Reaction score
My phone did that too, I had taken out the SD card and put it in my PC to quickly delete stuff, popped it back in the Razr, and NOTHING! I freaked out as I had some important stuff on there, put it back in my PC, files where there, made a quick back up, installed it back in my phone, waited a few minutes and all was well. Another strange glitch I experienced.

Put it in the computer and it could not read it and could not format it either. My guess is the sd card is bad.

KaChow

Reaction score
If all is lost, the computer will not recognize your card and obviously your Android doesn't accept it either. Go ahead and wash it, clean, and dry it completely (maybe there is a connection issue.) Insert it in the card reader or adapter and plug it into the computer. If it shows up great, if not go into Device Manager and look around in the Disk Drive, or see if there are any error messages. I usually use "fdisk" or "Computer Management" (depending on what Windows version using) and format the card to FAT32.

OP
E

Ed ke6bnl

Reaction score
If all is lost, the computer will not recognize your card and obviously your Android doesn't accept it either. Go ahead and wash it, clean, and dry it completely (maybe there is a connection issue.) Insert it in the card reader or adapter and plug it into the computer. If it shows up great, if not go into Device Manager and look around in the Disk Drive, or see if there are any error messages. I usually use "fdisk" or "Computer Management" (depending on what Windows version using) and format the card to FAT32.

I am not very good on the computer other then messing things up, I am willing to purchase a new SD card. think that might be the problem
when it does ask to format the card it does not show the option of 16gb only 1gb and 16kb in another place not what the sd card is 16GB