Screen won't turn back on!!!

bwhite757

Reaction score
I've been having issues with my Pro as of late with the screen staying black when I try to unlock it. I can see the backlight come on but it just stays black. Notifications still come through so the phones still working just can't get an image on the screen.

I have to do a battery pull and it usually takes me 3-4 attempts before the problem corrects itself, then I can go a couple of days without a problem, then bam, it starts doing it again. I have tried doing a factory reset thinking it may be a rogue 3rd party app, no luck, then I tried a SBF recovery, kept the phone completely stock for a couple of days, but still getting the same problem. I will be calling VZW tomorrow or swinging by the corporate store to try and get a replacement, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

google123

Reaction score
I've had that happen to me once or twice. First time I just hit the power button again to turn off the display and let it set for a minute and it worked fine when I hit the power button again. The other time I noticed it do that, I pressed ALT + SPACE and it turned the screen light back up right away. Not sure what is causing it though or how to prevent it from ever happening again. I too could see the screen widgets and everything except the backlight was not turned on or something. Let us know what Verizon tells you....