Screen not dimming on "auto"/pattern lock not working/music randomly quits playing

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by BubbaRob, Nov 26, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. BubbaRob

BubbaRob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having an issue with the auto backlight feature. It will brighten up like it should but it will not dim unless I turn the screen off and on again. No matter how dark the room is, it will not dim on its own. The keyboard lights will come on like they should in a dark room, but the screen stays super bright.

Also I have it set up to require a "pattern" to unlock the phone and it works randomly, maybe 20% of the time or when it feels like it I guess.

One final issue I have is that when listening to music on the SD card it will just stop playing at random parts of the song and close itself down. This happens with headphones and through the phone speaker, with the screen on and off.

Anyone else experiencing any of these annoyances?
  2. jimbo11mcm

jimbo11mcm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Autobrightness

I've noticed deficiencies in the autobrightness autodimming function also. Screen gets too dark. Maybe they will fix it in a software update. You can go to manual brightness and adjust it to a comfortable setting.. I use NoLock for automatic unlocking of screen. Works well for me.
  3. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    As for the pattern lock if you're saying it doesn't show up every time you go to unlock the phone? If so have you checked the time delay? For instance I have mine set up to only pop up after 20 mins of innactivity.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  4. jaredb03

jaredb03 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my music also stops. The app isn't crashing but stops about every couple minutes and forgets where it stopped at.
  5. BubbaRob

BubbaRob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks...that was the issue. It was defaulted to 20 Mins. I have changed it.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page
android not dim screen auto

android phone screen not dimming

android screen is not locking
auto lock not working when on music
auto lock on my android not working
dim pattern lock
how to unlock lg ally after too many pattern attempts
why wont the pattern lock come up on my phone