Screen turns off while in games or moving icons - touch screen shortout?

DroidUserName23

Reaction score
I'm having an issue where my Droid Pro screen just turns off.

Whether it is in the middle of a game or moving an icon between screens. It isn't every time, and it isn't predictable/reproducable per se.

It happens when I have my fingers ON the screen, sometimes when I trail off to the left side of the touch screen and off the visible screen.

I don't know whether it is a glitch or something that might necessitate returning the phone/getting a replacement.

More specifics:

It used to turn off when I would move an icon about 1/4 from the bottom heightwise, and to the left of the main screen. I would be carrying the icon and then bam screen off.

Other times: using dual-touch while playing the free version of slice it - moving a line around by two points and then bam, screen goes off.

I don't know why it would time out when I'm engaged with the screen.

Third but probably working as it is supposed to: If I'm on the lock screen and playing around with the unlock bar, if I drag it around left and right a bit, but I am still engaged with the screen, it will turn off.

----

I'm so confused! I've downloaded screebl to see if there is a setting that may fix the screen turning off, but if anyone else is having a similar experience or knows what I'm talking about, I'd love to hear about it & hear about any suggestions you have.

iam_austin

Reaction score
settings>display> in-pocket detection

make sure its turned off. this worked for me and it sounds like youre having the same issue