1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen with moisture, digitizer not working. Disassemble?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by volcs0, Jul 6, 2011.

1. volcs0

volcs0 New Member

After a workout this weekend, I found my plastic armband case to be filled with condensation. The phone was fine, but I later noticed some water behind the screen. It is mostly on the right, and the digitizer area is unresponsive. This is a very small area but enough to be incredibly annoying. For instance, I can't press the delete key on the on-screen keyboard. In the app store, I can't press the magnifying glass. Switching to landscape allows me to do these things, but it is pretty frustrating.

The excellent tutorial on this site suggests several drying methods, which I've tried.

Based on my description, it is likely that my digitizer needs replacing? Is it possible that drying it further out will fix this problem? By taking the phone apart, is it possible I will be able to dry the area myself and then the digitizer will work.

In short, I do not really understand how digitizers work. So, I'm looking for some guidance before I take it apart.
Search tags for this page
digitizer on phone not working
digitizer-screen
droid 4 digitizer screen wont work right

dry out digitizer

galaxy s3 digitizer not working

how to dry a digitizer

how to dry digitizer

how to dry digitizers

how to dry out a digitizer

how to fix a wet digitizer
how to fix wet digitizer