1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen turning on twice after recieving a notification...

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by k1ngr4t, May 20, 2012.

1. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t New Member

So I'll get a text or something. Screen turns on and I can see the Handcent preview box, and if I don't touch it it'll turn back off in a few seconds. No problem. But then after about a minute or so it'll just turn back on randomly and sit at the lock screen, the text box not even visible anymore, until it turns off again. So not only is it annoying when that screen turn on catches your eye in the middle of something else, but I'm starting to wonder if this is somehow secretly killing my battery as well? I have all notifications turned off for stock texts and email, but this even happens with voicemail. So maybe there's some background service I can freeze that serves as a reminder of notifications and turns on? Or is this something else? Not a huge deal, but I'll take anything that helps improve battery life...

Thanks!
  2. Bpowder33

Bpowder33 New Member

I had bad luck with handcent and go sms on my Rezound. found just using stock sms is the best way to go for me.
  3. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t New Member

So let me at least ask this...does anyone else have this happen? Is this an HTC Rezound thing or is there actually something going on specifically within my phone??
  4. MJKneuro

MJKneuro New Member

I have not had that problem or any similar. Using Handcent on my Resound since last November.
  5. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

I haven't had that problem either.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.