Screen won't turn on after phone call

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
After making phone calls if I turn the screen off right away it won't come back on unless I plugg the phone in to a power source (the screen turns on-it does not have to reboot). Any ideas?

It also no longer turns the screen on when I move the phone away from my face. Coming from the droid1 which was horribly slow at that I miss how my rezound used to respond promptly if I needed to enter numbers or end the call.

I'm running stock everything...

Thanks!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You might have a bad phone. You can try the Verizon prescribed factory reset(which they will tell you to do before they exchange it) and see if that helps.

OP
ErcDaMerc

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
Awe, that's not what I wanted to hear... Thanks for your advice!

usefulidiot127

Reaction score
After making phone calls if I turn the screen off right away it won't come back on unless I plugg the phone in to a power source (the screen turns on-it does not have to reboot). Any ideas?

It also no longer turns the screen on when I move the phone away from my face. Coming from the droid1 which was horribly slow at that I miss how my rezound used to respond promptly if I needed to enter numbers or end the call.

I'm running stock everything...

Thanks!

After 2 months of owning the phone with no problems, my stock unrooted Rezound is now doing the same thing. What the heck? Super annoying. I'll try the factory reset before bringing the phone in for a replacement, I guess.

usefulidiot127

Reaction score
Mystery solved! Who knew a screen protector could cause such serious problems... The screen protector I recently installed on my phone was interfering with the proximity sensor, causing ALL of my problems. Took it off and it's perfect now. VERY happy I didn't return this phone.

OP
ErcDaMerc

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
I haven't done anything to try correcting this yet but if you turn the screen on and press end call and then go to the home screen it tends not to have issues. If you can't get hhe screen back on just plug the phone in and it turns back on.

That's no fix but it's tolerable for now. My phone has been acting weird for a couple days so I might need a reset anyway...

OP
ErcDaMerc

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
Hard reset worked... I had no 4g all week so I finally had to do it :(

sumo813

Reaction score
I've been having this same issue and have not been wanting to the the reset. Hopefully MyBackup does what it's supposed to (haven't used it for restore yet) and gets me back to where I want to be without much work. I'll have to give this a go over the weekend, since I will be using the phone more now for business purposes.

Thanks for the posts/info.

OP
ErcDaMerc

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
The reset worked for a little while but the problem came back. Then i installed the leak and i'm still having issues though not as bad... it's probabl an app or widget to blame.

Also, after a reset i like to go to google market on the computer and scroll through my apps. You can click install from there and your phone will download them. It's faster than doing it direct on your phone plus i dont like back-up apps because they might re-install the problem that caused you to reset in the first place.

Gool luck - we should probably reset and then install apps one at a time to see which is causing the problem... i don't have the time or the patience for that right now.

sumo813

Reaction score
The reset worked for a little while but the problem came back. Then i installed the leak and i'm still having issues though not as bad... it's probabl an app or widget to blame.

Also, after a reset i like to go to google market on the computer and scroll through my apps. You can click install from there and your phone will download them. It's faster than doing it direct on your phone plus i dont like back-up apps because they might re-install the problem that caused you to reset in the first place.

Gool luck - we should probably reset and then install apps one at a time to see which is causing the problem... i don't have the time or the patience for that right now.

Yeah, I figured the same, but can't think of what I may have installed about the time this started happening.

Great point on the google store from the PC. Didn't think of that, or the issue with the backup either. But in the same boat... not enough time to go one by one to try and pinpoint what the issue is. Only think I could think of is to run an app listing all the apps installed and post it to see if there is one (or more) in common and go from there.

Thanks again!

portun8

Reaction score
4th HTC Rezound in 3 weeks still flaky - die evil phone die

I've been having this same issue and have not been wanting to the the reset. Hopefully MyBackup does what it's supposed to (haven't used it for restore yet) and gets me back to where I want to be without much work. I'll have to give this a go over the weekend, since I will be using the phone more now for business purposes.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I've replaced my Rezound 3 times (on 4th one now) in 3 weeks due to various unrecoverable problems. I think they just keep sending me "refurbished":icon_ devil: ones that have been reset but otherwise have same problems they were reurned for. So, I am getting other people's problems over and over including the scrren black out during phone call. My Backup Pro worked for me every time. Almost 95% recovery of "lost" data. I backed up onl;ine and to SD card and have recovered apps and data from both with good sucess. However what in the name of the great Siliconius is wrong with these phones ?
Loses power, won't charge, won't turn on, won't turn off, blanks screen during call with no way to hang up or see screen or use keypad, locks during backup, won't connect to WiFi, won't connect to 4G or 3G , drops calls, doubles contacts, changes PIN without warning, cradle/dock mode useless or won't charge, overheats on large/ext. battery, runs small battery out in minutes, makes you and whoever you're trying to talk to say "HUH WHAT WHATDIDYOUJUSTCALLME?!?! and HELL_LOOOOOOOOOOOOO ???" constantly.
Like all insidiously evil objects it first beguiles you with wonderful features, beatiful sound and sights and a deceptive ease of use UNTIL, YOU ARE TRAPPED, AIEEEE! You try to come back into the light BUT - it's too late and you are doomed. The minions of Lord Verizon whisper incomprehensible soothing words about warranties, replacements, help on the way, etc. while you are being consumed in the fires of the invincible Two Year Contract - Demon Overlord of ALL Users of Evil Cell Phones. You try and try to escape back to the ancient, happy world of land lines and email on PC's but NO, you are e'er ensnared in the clutches of Smartphone, notorious epitome of oxymorons and head minion of the nefarious TechnoLord of Gullibillity. So, you are forced into begging for scraps of wisdom from AN, Lord of Droid, and his underlings who worship at his feet and giggle, "Google, Google" incessantly. :hail:
Oh, where is the path back to that happy land of Functionality ? Where is the path to Dependability and the mighty River Productivity? Are we lost forever in this wasteland of half baked zombie phones that seem to die and rise from the dead as reincarnations from sinful past lives and embryo operating systems infected with the deadly Marketing First Reliability Last virus ? Has Profit truly defeated Pride and staunch Reputatioin been slain by slithering QuickBuck ?
So, for now, entranced by glitterin evil one "Smartphone", I can only hope qnd pray to all the gods of technology that this Rezound just finallyand permanently dies a quick but painful death and I can get an actual working phone with no I's or H's in its name just to call back home and tell mom I should have listened to her when she told me not to waste my money on a stupid "latest/greatest" cell phone.

Last edited: