Screen touch sensitivity help. Keyboard issue

btc1951

Reaction score
Just bought my turbo 64g yesterday and still learning the ropes. Mainly bought it for the battery life. However I'm struggling with touch sensitivity on the screen -- needing to touch keys more than once before it types. I typically swipe to type and that works perfectly - much better than my S4 did. The only other complaint is missing the dedicated number row on my keyboard and having to toggle between ABC/123. Any thoughts?

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Trade it in for the Note 4!!..... lol jk!!..... are you using a screen protector?

sent from my hot Note Pro!

gimpy1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Swift key?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
btc1951

btc1951

Reaction score
I removed the screen protector. Helped a little but not a lot. Really miss my Samsung keyboard with dedicated number line on top row. I downloaded Swiftkey but it didn't have it either.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I am not experienced with the Turbo ...... I agree with you the number row is a huge plus!

sent from my sexy Note 4

gimpy1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, my swift key has the number row across the top of my keyboard.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BD505

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I removed the screen protector. Helped a little but not a lot. Really miss my Samsung keyboard with dedicated number line on top row. I downloaded Swiftkey but it didn't have it either.

Swiftkey does have the number row. You just have to enable it in settings.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
SwiftKey's number row is optional and must be activated in the Layout section of SwiftKey.

Screenshots_2014-11-29-20-33-49.png

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Have you tried rebooting the phone? Were there any Zero Day software updates that you took?

Personally, I would do a factory data reset and if the problem still persists I would have it swapped out.

OP
btc1951

btc1951

Reaction score
I uninstalled and reinstalled SwiftKey and it worked that time and I found the number row. Not sure what happened the first time but thanks for the suggestion. Has anyone who uses this keyboard noticed a problem with the backspace key? Sometimes when I use it, it magnifies the screen and then types characters I didn't type and won't backspace at all (I know this sounds weird but it's really happening) . Almost like it's possessed. But at least I have my number row

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I uninstalled and reinstalled SwiftKey and it worked that time and I found the number row. Not sure what happened the first time but thanks for the suggestion. Has anyone who uses this keyboard noticed a problem with the backspace key? Sometimes when I use it, it magnifies the screen and then types characters I didn't type and won't backspace at all (I know this sounds weird but it's really happening) . Almost like it's possessed. But at least I have my number row

That has never happened to me.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

You need to do a factory data reset.. I had this issue too... If I'm understanding what you're saying.. Or you can try... Settings.. Apps, all, find Google key board, clear data and force close it.. Now do the same to swift key.. See if it clears it up.. It didn't for My turbo.. I just did a factory data reset and its all clear now.. Even new phones need one done sometimes.. I know.. You're rolling your eyes right now.. What can I say

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Check and see if you have flow enabled.. That could also be a cause..