Screen stopped working, replacement issues?

Hokiemane

Reaction score
My VZW Nexus decided to quit working for me, there's no response from the phone at all. It was rooted and unlocked, my question is can Verizon still detect that I voided the warranty by unlocking and deny or charge me for a replacement? If so, is there anything I can do about it?

captdroid

Reaction score
My VZW Nexus decided to quit working for me, there's no response from the phone at all. It was rooted and unlocked, my question is can Verizon still detect that I voided the warranty by unlocking and deny or charge me for a replacement? If so, is there anything I can do about it?

My Verizon continues to work fine for me... I am unlocked and rooted... I would not be concerned about what Verizon can or can not see anyway. Verizon knows what they were getting into by taking on the Gnex a developer phone that has the option to be unlocked and rooted. If your that concerned about it then revert to stock unrooted which IMO is a waist of time unless you are taking or sending the phone in for a replacement.

Edit: Your saying the screen on your Nexus stopped working... haha... take it in for a replacement... if you can take it back to stock first by plugging into your computer. If that doesn't work then smash it and call the warrenty company... lol :)

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Are you absolutely 100% sure this isn't a bad battery or charger issue? Try to get a different battery and put it in and see what happens. Look at this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...191-very-strange-upsetting-battery-issue.html

Good luck.

prowler85

Reaction score
I've had mine twice now where pushing the power button didn't do anything. But the phone was on - I could see the LED blinking when I plugged it in. Pressing and holding the power button did nothing, nor did a vol-down + power do anything. I thought my screen had gone out as well, and was sitting there thinking about the same as you. Then tried pulling battery and phone came back up. Was less stressful the second time.

Not saying this is your issue, as I would assume you've pulled the battery. But it may not necessarily be the screen. In any event, I would take it back to VZ as you will save your $100 deductible since it would be on a warranty claim, and there's no way they'll be plugging it in to see if you've modded. And like someone said above, if it can be plugged in and checked, then do that yourself and take it back to stock. If you can't see it on a computer, they can't either.

captdroid

Reaction score
I've had mine twice now where pushing the power button didn't do anything. But the phone was on - I could see the LED blinking when I plugged it in. Pressing and holding the power button did nothing, nor did a vol-down + power do anything. I thought my screen had gone out as well, and was sitting there thinking about the same as you. Then tried pulling battery and phone came back up. Was less stressful the second time.

Not saying this is your issue, as I would assume you've pulled the battery. But it may not necessarily be the screen. In any event, I would take it back to VZ as you will save your $100 deductible since it would be on a warranty claim, and there's no way they'll be plugging it in to see if you've modded. And like someone said above, if it can be plugged in and checked, then do that yourself and take it back to stock. If you can't see it on a computer, they can't either.

+1 better answer