screen replacement,.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by slikno420, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Kymmr

Kymmr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do you break Gorilla Glass

That's exactly what I told the Verizon rep when I reported my shattered glass on my 14 day old Galaxy SIII. I'm sick. Good thing I didn't have insurance because the deductible would have cost $150. I can't get a new phone at a discounted price, basically I'm stuck. I did some research on line and found new glass at amazon.com for around $28.00. When I searched for "broken glass on Galaxy SIII" a couple of sites came up giving advice on how to fix it.
    Can i replace the glass lense on my samsung galaxy s3 or do i have to buy the lcd screen aswell? - I just recieved my galaxy s3 a couple of days ago and dropped it, the glass lens it damaged but the lcd screen is fine. :: Ask Me Fast
    the above is the link I checked out as well as a video on youtube.com

2. jmagi

jmagi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if u ask me, it's neither. it cracks and scratches with little effort. the gorilla glass title is just a marketting name. but it's time all touchscreen fones were made shatter and scratch proof.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

3. shooting

shooting Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You can watch the repair video first. I f you're sure that you can buy a replacement part and repalce it yourself. You can find many repair part after serarched. But if you're not sure, then you'd better go to verizon. Good luck.

4. qurk

qurk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem. I dropped my new Droid 4 from my coat pocket while on my bike, and didn't realize it was gone for like 30 minutes. So I rode back and there it was, lying in the street....with a pretty awesome spiderweb (mostly on the bottom of the screen). I've learned to ignore it for a couple months. Well you guys have comfirmed what I suspected, that I'd have to pay like a $100 deductable to get it repaired. From what I ascertained soon after the mishap, you can order a kit with a new screen for like $50. I just am not too mechanically minded so I guess I'll wait for many more months till I can afford to get it repaired. The cracks add character, anyways :) The phone is fully operational still. I just haven't used it for games since this happened.

5. duxdad

duxdad Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Motorola fix

Motorola charges $100 to replace glass, That will save one of your two lives on Asurion. Qith Asurion you get a phone overnite, having Moto fix it you loose your phone for a week. In my case I just activated my old Droid2.

6. qurk

qurk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I get attached to my devices, so I'd much rather just fix the glass than get a new phone. I could go back to my old LG envy touch for a week or two anyways :) Ya I have the Asurion thing too...didn't know about the 2 lives thing. I have a feeling the cheapest route would be to pay a mechanically minded friend to replace the screen, if I gave him parts.

7. drew96dawg

drew96dawg Senior Member

Ratings:
    +26
    I have an old env2 and it would suck to have to go back to it.
    Asurion only lets you file 2 claims a year now.

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

Search tags for this page
droid 4 cracked screen
droid 4 cracked screen repair

droid dna glass replacement

droid ultra glass replacement

droid ultra screen replacement

galaxy s3 screen replacement in downriver michigan
how to fix a cracked droid 4 screen
motorola droid 4 screen replacement
replace droid 4 screen
samsung galaxy s3 replacement screen in southgate mi