screen replacement,.

qurk

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I dropped my new Droid 4 from my coat pocket while on my bike, and didn't realize it was gone for like 30 minutes. So I rode back and there it was, lying in the street....with a pretty awesome spiderweb (mostly on the bottom of the screen). I've learned to ignore it for a couple months. Well you guys have comfirmed what I suspected, that I'd have to pay like a $100 deductable to get it repaired. From what I ascertained soon after the mishap, you can order a kit with a new screen for like $50. I just am not too mechanically minded so I guess I'll wait for many more months till I can afford to get it repaired. The cracks add character, anyways :) The phone is fully operational still. I just haven't used it for games since this happened.

duxdad

Reaction score
Motorola fix

Motorola charges $100 to replace glass, That will save one of your two lives on Asurion. Qith Asurion you get a phone overnite, having Moto fix it you loose your phone for a week. In my case I just activated my old Droid2.

I have the same problem. I dropped my new Droid 4 from my coat pocket while on my bike, and didn't realize it was gone for like 30 minutes. So I rode back and there it was, lying in the street....with a pretty awesome spiderweb (mostly on the bottom of the screen). I've learned to ignore it for a couple months. Well you guys have comfirmed what I suspected, that I'd have to pay like a $100 deductable to get it repaired. From what I ascertained soon after the mishap, you can order a kit with a new screen for like $50. I just am not too mechanically minded so I guess I'll wait for many more months till I can afford to get it repaired. The cracks add character, anyways :) The phone is fully operational still. I just haven't used it for games since this happened.

qurk

Reaction score
Motorola charges $100 to replace glass, That will save one of your two lives on Asurion. Qith Asurion you get a phone overnite, having Moto fix it you loose your phone for a week. In my case I just activated my old Droid2.

Well, I get attached to my devices, so I'd much rather just fix the glass than get a new phone. I could go back to my old LG envy touch for a week or two anyways :) Ya I have the Asurion thing too...didn't know about the 2 lives thing. I have a feeling the cheapest route would be to pay a mechanically minded friend to replace the screen, if I gave him parts.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Well, I get attached to my devices, so I'd much rather just fix the glass than get a new phone. I could go back to my old LG envy touch for a week or two anyways :) Ya I have the Asurion thing too...didn't know about the 2 lives thing. I have a feeling the cheapest route would be to pay a mechanically minded friend to replace the screen, if I gave him parts.

I have an old env2 and it would suck to have to go back to it.
Asurion only lets you file 2 claims a year now.

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2