screen replacement,.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by slikno420, Sep 11, 2012.

1. slikno420

slikno420 New Member

So Idropped my phone and spider webbed the screen, anybody repaired this them selves or is it better to take to verixon?
  2. TechTinker

TechTinker New Member

I never tried repairing anything my self /mum would kill me...

You could try Verizon, but its your own damage so I don't know. So you could try yourself, or pay someone to replace it for you. or live with it, haha.
  3. Twisted4u

Twisted4u New Member

it is not realy that hard there are step by step vidieos on youtube i just replaced my ear piece speaker yesterday and alltogather it only took me about 30 mins.
  4. Redwingvksm

Redwingvksm New Member

Kinda in the same boat here. Just got my phone about 2 weeks ago (lost my D3, so they upped me to D4) and dropped the phone face down, and spidered the screen. Verizon said they don't fix it, they send it back and something about a charge-back for returning the device. My insurance is through Asurion, I JUST forked out 100 for the deductible and I really don't want to fork out another 100 and use my 2nd insurance claim this quick (I work as a mechanic so that insurance is nice if/when something happens.) Does anyone know someone in the SE Michigan area (Detroit, Downriver) that will do this and have the parts in stock?
  5. duxdad

duxdad Member

Screen Repair from Motorola

Dropped mine , cracked screen. Motorola replaced screen for around $100. I have Asurion, deductible would have been same so I saved a Asurion claim and used Moto. Phone cone about a week.
    Worked fine.
  6. duxdad

duxdad Member

Screen Repair from Motorola

Dropped mine , cracked screen. Motorola replaced screen for around $100. I have Asurion, deductible would have been same so I saved a Asurion claim and used Moto. Phone cone about a week.<br>Worked fine.<br><br>
  7. NeoPhoenixTE

NeoPhoenixTE Member

....how the hell did you crack Gorilla Glass? Wow! :icon_eek:
  8. 4low4fun

4low4fun New Member

Pretty sure best buy can fix it as well. Money says they ship it off for the repairs though. If you buy your phone through best buy and get insurance through them they will replace your phone at anytime for free. And the insurance is only $10/month.

Sent from my DROID4 using Eclipse 1.2.5c
  9. duxdad

duxdad Member

Not Gorilla Glass

Don't think the D4 is Gorilla glass. I slipped from my hand and landed right on the corner and shattered.
  10. 4low4fun

4low4fun New Member

It is

Sent from my DROID4 using Eclipse 1.2.5c
  11. drew96dawg

drew96dawg New Member

Gorilla glass is scratch resistant not crack proof

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  12. gordor

gordor New Member

replace screen

I did this with my Ally - tricky work even if you can get the parts. I had to buy a couple of dead phones to get the parts at a reasonable price then the fun started to disassemble and reassemble to replace the screen. THIS IS S TRICKY TASK and you need to snap pictures all along the way so you can put it back together. If you are not well versed in extremely small work with lighted magnifying glass and have the microscrewdrivers don't even consider it. I was successful replacing the LCD and the glass ( I ran over the phone with my car ) but I have the equipment and the skills and patience.
  13. Kymmr

Kymmr New Member

How do you break Gorilla Glass

That's exactly what I told the Verizon rep when I reported my shattered glass on my 14 day old Galaxy SIII. I'm sick. Good thing I didn't have insurance because the deductible would have cost $150. I can't get a new phone at a discounted price, basically I'm stuck. I did some research on line and found new glass at amazon.com for around $28.00. When I searched for "broken glass on Galaxy SIII" a couple of sites came up giving advice on how to fix it.
    Can i replace the glass lense on my samsung galaxy s3 or do i have to buy the lcd screen aswell? - I just recieved my galaxy s3 a couple of days ago and dropped it, the glass lens it damaged but the lcd screen is fine. :: Ask Me Fast
    the above is the link I checked out as well as a video on youtube.com
  14. jmagi

jmagi New Member

if u ask me, it's neither. it cracks and scratches with little effort. the gorilla glass title is just a marketting name. but it's time all touchscreen fones were made shatter and scratch proof.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  15. shooting

shooting New Member

You can watch the repair video first. I f you're sure that you can buy a replacement part and repalce it yourself. You can find many repair part after serarched. But if you're not sure, then you'd better go to verizon. Good luck.
Search tags for this page

droid 4 cracked screen

droid 4 cracked screen repair

droid dna glass replacement

droid ultra glass replacement

droid ultra screen replacement

how to fix a cracked droid 4 screen

replace droid 4 screen

replacing the screen on a droid 4
samsung galaxy s3 replacement screen in southgate mi
samsung galaxy s3 screen repair