screen not sensing my finger correctly while charging

willlayb

Reaction score
i had a wifi issue the other day, returned it and got a new phone, wifi works but now when im charging the phone the screen is almost like it has no idea where my finger actually is. when i type on the stock keyboard it types something like "hchhchey" when i want to say "hey". also when i am browsing the web it does not scroll correctly, it jutters and thinks that im touching the screen in like 10 different locations so it doesnt end up moving at all. sometimes when scrolling down it also just decides to scroll up for no apparent reason.

does anyone else have something like this happen or did i end up getting another crap phone again?:frown:

gsDroid

Reaction score
If you are using the charger and cable it came with, you apparently got another bad phone. If you are not using the supplied charger, switch to it and try again. If the problem goes away, it is probably the 3rd party charger.

OP
W

willlayb

Reaction score
yeah im using the stock charger. ughhhh yay for setting things up for a third time lol

OP
W

willlayb

Reaction score
well i heard charging gets messed up when not using the stock charger.

Batman8

Reaction score
i had a wifi issue the other day, returned it and got a new phone, wifi works but now when im charging the phone the screen is almost like it has no idea where my finger actually is. when i type on the stock keyboard it types something like "hchhchey" when i want to say "hey". also when i am browsing the web it does not scroll correctly, it jutters and thinks that im touching the screen in like 10 different locations so it doesnt end up moving at all. sometimes when scrolling down it also just decides to scroll up for no apparent reason.

does anyone else have something like this happen or did i end up getting another crap phone again?:frown:

I had this happen all the time with my Droid X, and it now happens all the time with my Bionic too. I've learned to just work around it (unplugging when necessary) but it is definitely your 3rd party charger causing it. I have a bunch of chargers and I never have a problem when using stock.

Sporty

Reaction score
I have the Verizon OEM dock for my Droid Bionic and have this problem as other's have reported in other forums. The issue is minimized for me by holding the phone while it's in the dock-charger in my left hand and typing with my right hand.

ripper2860

Reaction score
I have the Verizon OEM dock for my Droid Bionic and have this problem as other's have reported in other forums. The issue is minimized for me by holding the phone while it's in the dock-charger in my left hand and typing with my right hand.

I guess lefties are just SOL. ;)

Sporty

Reaction score
Lefties, please post if you find a workaround to my solution. ;)