Screen grey bottom half, software issue

Preston3050

Reaction score
So I decided to make the switch today to the new jellybean, to fix my frozen update problems, see http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/242390-frozen-os-update.html

Unfortunately a new problem has arisen, it seems the there's a bug in the software, that causes the screen to bug out every few seconds. It doesn't happen when going through the default menus (the menu you get to by pressing volume up and volume down and the power button). This happened seconds after updating to the new jellybean. I'm currently re-installing the new jellybean, does anyone have any suggestions?
Update: Re-installing the software didn't help:(
Update2: Here's a picture of it, http://i.snag.gy/YziE0.jpg

Last edited:
OP
P

Preston3050

Reaction score
So I decided to make the switch today to the new jellybean, to fix my frozen update problems, see
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/239539-droid-razr-utility-xt912-jellybean-windows-mac-linux-all-one.html

Unfortunately a new problem has arisen, it seems the there's a bug in the software, that causes the screen to bug out every few seconds. It doesn't happen when going through the default menus (the menu you get to by pressing volume up and volume down and the power button). This happened seconds after updating to the new jellybean. I'm currently re-installing the new jellybean, does anyone have any suggestions?
Update: Re-installing the software didn't help
Update2: Here's a picture of it, http://i.snag.gy/YziE0.jpg

Last edited:
OP
P

Preston3050

Reaction score
Are there possibly any other droid razr utility versions that might work correctly?

jpty01

Reaction score
I have the same problem

I have the same problem with my XT912 tried 4 times to redo the software with matts utility on 2 different computers with 64bit os nothing worked. Also I was able to root my phone but cannot get safestrap to show up on the boot up. I updated from GB. If I go into safe mode it flashes the whole screen. I did find that adding a live background will keep the home screens clear but no help on stationary screens. I also updated from 2.3.6. Seems to be a new problem but no answer yet.

Last edited:
OP
P

Preston3050

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my XT912 tried 4 times to redo the software with matts utility on 2 different computers with 64bit os nothing worked. Also I was able to root my phone but cannot get safestrap to show up on the boot up. I updated from GB. If I go into safe mode it flashes the whole screen. I did find that adding a live background will keep the home screens clear but no help on stationary screens. I also updated from 2.3.6. Seems to be a new problem but no answer yet.
I have to say this problem is absolutely horrible. To make matters worse, I can't seem to get RSD to recognise my phone. I was planning on returning it to stock but no luck without rsd...

Are there any RSD alternatives that work with XT912? I have much trouble using my phone with this problem :p

DROIDX2TN

Reaction score

I don't know how to help you but when I went back to .211 from .215 I did it on my Windows 8 Pro 64 bit HP laptop. So I don't think the Windows OS is the problem.

xevious

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with resolving this issue lately? I also had GB, used Matt's XT912 Utility to flash the JB update, and the bottom part of the screen is also full of gray/black/rgb bars with occasional display of the bottom corner of the screen properly in the upper right corner. Flashed several times via 64bit Mac, didn't manually wipe cache+data prior, have done so several times before attempting a reflash afterwards though. Still no luck. Has anyone gone to Verizon with it, I'm tempted to say i just waited for updating and then just explain some things away as a self contained tech person might find on the internet to try (minus obvious warranty breakers).

jpty01

Reaction score
Yes this has been answered I had the same problem look for my thread in droid razr support. You can fastboot back to GB and OTA from there to JB even though your not supposed to be able to. Mine is working great now screen is clear and everything works. Hope this helps you out.

Last edited: