Screen goes blank while on a call

tg101505

Reaction score
The screen on my Droid Bionic goes blank while I'm on the phone, then I can't mute or unmute the call. How can I fix this?

z96Cobra

Reaction score
That's the way it's designed to work. That way you don't hang up the phone when it touches your cheek. To get the screen to turn back on, press the power button on the top of the phone. You can change the time out so that it will automatically come back on for a longer time.

kparks

Reaction score
tg101505 said:
The screen on my Droid Bionic goes blank while I'm on the phone, then I can't mute or unmute the call. How can I fix this?

LOL this is too funny just tap the power button like the guy above says if it didnt ur cheek would be activating all the buttons

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Doesn't the screen come back on when you move the phone away from your face?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
T

tg101505

Reaction score
Doesn't the screen come back on when you move the phone away from your face?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Thanks. I understand how it's designed so that my check doesn't push the buttons, but I had the phone on my desk while I was working and using the speaker phone on a conference call. I tried pushing the power button to go back, but that just ended the call. Maybe I should change the screen timeout to never time out, but I really don't want to do that. Any suggestions?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Thanks. I understand how it's designed so that my check doesn't push the buttons, but I had the phone on my desk while I was working and using the speaker phone on a conference call. I tried pushing the power button to go back, but that just ended the call. Maybe I should change the screen timeout to never time out, but I really don't want to do that. Any suggestions?
Don't hold the power button down, just hit it once quickly. Your screen will come back.