dropping calls and random muting problems

kyle2422

Reaction score
My DROID bionic has been working fine for 2 years up until yesterday. During phone calls it randomly mutes me so the other person can't hear a thing I'm saying. Even after I unmute myself it sometimes mutes by itself seconds later. And also its like dropping calls randomly from my end even when I have a full signal. It's really starting to piss me off. I did a full reset earlier hoping that it'd fix the problem but sadly it didn't. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

indee2025

Reaction score
My DROID bionic has been working fine for 2 years up until yesterday. During phone calls it randomly mutes me so the other person can't hear a thing I'm saying. Even after I unmute myself it sometimes mutes by itself seconds later. And also its like dropping calls randomly from my end even when I have a full signal. It's really starting to piss me off. I did a full reset earlier hoping that it'd fix the problem but sadly it didn't. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

A quick suggestion:

Think about what apps you might have downloaded just before problems started and look at the permissions list of those apps, might be one of the apps you've installed recently is causing issues.

Need more information about the situation to really help you out:

Are you using a custom launcher?
Custom theme of anykind?
Is the device stock?
If it's rooted, is it running a custom rom?

OP
K

kyle2422

Reaction score
It seems to have been the earphones I use during phone class. I've used the same pair for about 2 years w/o any problems until now. But I stopped using them and it stopped