Keeps shutting off, have to pull battery

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same thing? For the BSOD, on page 53 of the Bionic Manual:

Crash recovery
In the unlikely event that your smartphone stops
responding to touches and key presses, try a quick
reset. Remove the back cover and battery (“Assemble &
charge” on page 3), then replace and switch your
smartphone on as usual.

On page 55 of the Razr Manual it's Power and Volume Down for the same thing.

Power and Volume Up/Down at the same time is for Stock Recovery (adb reboot recovery), but with Power off. With Power on, doing that just gives the usual choices of powering down (plus it drops the ringer volume). At least that's what it does for me.

Last edited:

TatDroid

Reaction score
Are we talking about the same thing? For the BSOD, on page 53 of the Bionic Manual:

Yes, those are the instructions on how to deal with the symptoms. If you're sick and tired of doing that regularly and wish there was a way to deal with the CAUSE, many people report that the 901 update has been a positive step forward.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, those are the instructions on how to deal with the symptoms. If you're sick and tired of doing that regularly and wish there was a way to deal with the CAUSE, many people report that the 901 update has been a positive step forward.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Oh, I have .901. I just thought people were suggesting Power and Volume Up/Down to do the same thing. I haven't had the BSOD since except once when I was downloading GameLoft's Modern Combat 3 by WiFi. A change in strategy fixed that.

Last edited:

azdrifter

Reaction score
I bought my Bionic with the 5.5.893 build and really never had any problems,So i decided to do the .901 update and it still is working great I have noticed a small increase in battery life about an hour or so I'm getting about 15 hours on moderate to heavy use out of the battery now.