Bionic shuts off, restart only with battery pull....what tha..

zetachi

Reaction score
Preformed a factory reset on my rooted .893 and (knocks on wood) has only happened once since I reset 2 days ago. Of course now that I've said this it will probably happen more often. :(

edwards2243

Reaction score
I've had my phone for a week and just experienced my first "BSOD"...here's to hoping it's my last!!!

Indigenous

Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd Bionic, the first one suffered from the BSOD, on a regular basis, like 10 times a week, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. The Aux. jack for my cord in my car and earbuds didn't work all the time too, and 1/2 my screen would go black when switched to landscape to portrait. Now the replacement phone...(I would say new, but it's refurbished) has the same aux. jack problem and we'll see if the new software which was downloaded a day ago will cure my BSOD issue.

rfwright16

Reaction score
Have had this problem ever since I got the bionic in September. I rooted the phone early on, but had the problems prior to rooting. Primarily the problem is the BSOD. this evening I had the phone in my pocket after turning off the sound. In pocket detection is off. I have also had random data drops, which seems to be worse now than before the December OTA update. for a while I tried going back and forth between CDMA and LTE to save battery, but found the phone BSOD'd more often.

i am currently on 5.5.893. I finally got the phone rooted again using bionicpathsaver. I do not have any really unusual apps. I have none of the apps listed by the previous post-er above who was discussing his wife's phone. I have ALL bloatware on the phone, but frozen using TBU.

I also have a problem with the dialer buttons in-call. This is random and i cannot pin down any cause, but the phone screen goes dark then comes back on.

I usually use the extended battery. I typically use cellular data rather than wifi. I do not normally have the satellite data connection on. I always have bluetooth enabled.

I have come to the conclusion that the product is unreliable. It's disappointing. I want a replacement but don't want another bionic, as I believe Moto and Verizon rushed a defective product to market.

Any brilliant ideas among the folks on DF.net? :frown:

edwards2243

Reaction score
Have had this problem ever since I got the bionic in September. I rooted the phone early on, but had the problems prior to rooting. Primarily the problem is the BSOD. this evening I had the phone in my pocket after turning off the sound. In pocket detection is off. I have also had random data drops, which seems to be worse now than before the December OTA update. for a while I tried going back and forth between CDMA and LTE to save battery, but found the phone BSOD'd more often.

i am currently on 5.5.893. I finally got the phone rooted again using bionicpathsaver. I do not have any really unusual apps. I have none of the apps listed by the previous post-er above who was discussing his wife's phone. I have ALL bloatware on the phone, but frozen using TBU.

I also have a problem with the dialer buttons in-call. This is random and i cannot pin down any cause, but the phone screen goes dark then comes back on.

I usually use the extended battery. I typically use cellular data rather than wifi. I do not normally have the satellite data connection on. I always have bluetooth enabled.

I have come to the conclusion that the product is unreliable. It's disappointing. I want a replacement but don't want another bionic, as I believe Moto and Verizon rushed a defective product to market.

Any brilliant ideas among the folks on DF.net? :frown:

There aren't any quick fixes for this. However, the 902 update has been rumored to fix the issue. I haven't had any major issues with the BSOD...it's only happened to me twice in a month. I'd recommend taking the update to 902 to see if it helps.

droidgirl5

Reaction score
I just opened and activated my bionic 3 hours ago and in the past twenty minutes it has shut uff 5 times. I have not downloaded anything at all. This is irritating.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yep, bring it back and get another. Sorry :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Scimino

Reaction score
I did not want to start another thread on "my bionic is not working" but well my bionic is not working right. My data is constantly dropping. To the point that everytime i click on browser or facebook or any other app that requires data. I am at the point where i want a replacement. I could get a early upgrade but i do not want to loose my unlimited data by buying a phone at a discounted price. I tried updating to 905 but no luck. I tried factory resets, fxz back to 902, battery and sim card pulls, and still no luck. Should i try calling asurion? Warranty center, or verizon? Thanks in advance. My usb jack is starting to get loose also.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you buy another phone at a discounted price, you will still retain your unlimited data. Vzw will let us know when the tiered data shove starts.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!